T-GT Delayed. Again... (Delay Story)

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
Surrey, United
Marky264
So some of you GTPlanet Readers may have been aware what a nightmare the GT Sport Launch has been for me.

I had initially placed Orders on GAME.co.uk & Amazon UK (Who have typically been very reliable for Pre Orders for me in the past years)

Boy was I wrong...

I placed an Order for the Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel & GT Sport Limited Edition Bundle from Games Website last week. To be delivered for release date of course. Long Story short It never turned up. It was never even dispatched & I was never even charged in the first place. No one at GAME Including Managers knew what they were doing or why It happened. Part 1 of the Launch being disappointingly ruined for me. Complained, Cancelled My Order to source elsewhere.

Part 2, My Collectors Edition of GT Sport via Amazon UK which I Pre Ordered around July. Sometime ago. & The Limited Edition Dual Shock 4 Controller.

Launch Day arrives neither have been Dispatched. Received an email stating My Collectors Edition would not be delivered due to them never having enough stock of the Item and that It would get Delivered when more stock was available. Called up to Complain. Demanded a £50 PSN Voucher so I could at least Play GT Sport whilst I waited for everything to turn up. Done.

Part 3, Further email states I would not be getting it My T-GT & LE GT Sport & I then have to call up over 15 GAME Stores in the South to try an obtain a Collectors Edition of GT Sport (I was successful on my last attempt luckily Kingston had one In stock ironically where I got My GT5 Signature Edition on Launch) Always Pre Order In Store is my advice to anyone.

Part 4, Ordered the T-GT Wheel via Amazon on 18th. To be Delivered for the 20th October (My 26th Birthday) Hoorah. My Dual Shock 4 also turns up 1 Day late from Amazon. (Okay...)

Part 5, My PlaySeat Gran Turismo Order has been Delayed (Meant to be Delivered today) via the Courier due to them having no time to deliver It to me even though I paid for Next Day Shipping which was expensive. Due to be Delivered tomorrow morning now before 12pm via UK Mail (I won't hold my breath)

Part 6, Where we are this evening 10:55pm & Would you be surprised Amazon UK have emailed me stating there's been a delay in Shipping My T-GT & Even though It's meant to be Delivered for the 20th October It will still ship this evening which Is borderline impossible as that never happens for Delivery for the Next Day.

I genuinely feel like pulling my hair out and I've never experienced such sore luck for any Launch of Game let alone one I've been looking forward to for years.

Felt like I should Vent & If others have had Launch difficulties with UK Retailers feel free to share!

So some of you GTPlanet Readers may have been aware what a nightmare the GT Sport Launch has been for me.

I had initially placed Orders on GAME.co.uk & Amazon UK (Who have typically been very reliable for Pre Orders for me in the past years)

Boy was I wrong...

I placed an Order for the Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel & GT Sport Limited Edition Bundle from Games Website last week. To be delivered for release date of course. Long Story short It never turned up. It was never even dispatched & I was never even charged in the first place. No one at GAME Including Managers knew what they were doing or why It happened. Part 1 of the Launch being disappointingly ruined for me. Complained, Cancelled My Order to source elsewhere.

Part 2, My Collectors Edition of GT Sport via Amazon UK which I Pre Ordered around July. Sometime ago. & The Limited Edition Dual Shock 4 Controller.

Launch Day arrives neither have been Dispatched. Received an email stating My Collectors Edition would not be delivered due to them never having enough stock of the Item and that It would get Delivered when more stock was available. Called up to Complain. Demanded a £50 PSN Voucher so I could at least Play GT Sport whilst I waited for everything to turn up. Done.

Part 3, Further email states I would not be getting it My T-GT & LE GT Sport & I then have to call up over 15 GAME Stores in the South to try an obtain a Collectors Edition of GT Sport (I was successful on my last attempt luckily Kingston had one In stock ironically where I got My GT5 Signature Edition on Launch) Always Pre Order In Store is my advice to anyone.

Part 4, Ordered the T-GT Wheel via Amazon on 18th. To be Delivered for the 20th October (My 26th Birthday) Hoorah. My Dual Shock 4 also turns up 1 Day late from Amazon. (Okay...)

Part 5, My PlaySeat Gran Turismo Order has been Delayed (Meant to be Delivered today) via the Courier due to them having no time to deliver It to me even though I paid for Next Day Shipping which was expensive. Due to be Delivered tomorrow morning now before 12pm via UK Mail (I won't hold my breath)

Part 6, Where we are this evening 10:55pm & Would you be surprised Amazon UK have emailed me stating there's been a delay in Shipping My T-GT & Even though It's meant to be Delivered for the 20th October It will still ship this evening which Is borderline impossible as that never happens for Delivery for the Next Day.

I genuinely feel like pulling my hair out and I've never experienced such sore luck for any Launch of Game let alone one I've been looking forward to for years.

Felt like I should Vent & If others have had Launch difficulties with UK Retailers feel free to share!
If you are local to Kingston you have bought the setup I have. All delivered on day of release. If you would like to come and try mine you are more than welcome to.
I live in Kingston.
Box have the T-GT available for next day delivery.

@Marky264 Happy Birthday! See if Amazon will match the Thrustmaster direct price which is quite a bit cheaper due to the 25% off code "Actrollvision25". I'm tempted at £524.92, must resist...

If you are local to Kingston you have bought the setup I have. All delivered on day of release. If you would like to come and try mine you are more than welcome to.
I live in Kingston.
Box have the T-GT available for next day delivery.

I'm actually in Kingston this Saturday funnily enough doing some Xmas Shopping with a friend, Do you live local to Town? If mine hasn't arrive by tomorrow that be awesome mate.

I'm really sorry for you.

If it can reassure you, the T-GT is excellent. Once received it, you will have a lot of fun :)

Thank you, I'm Just looking forward to It so much especially with the New Setup we've moved house recently and I've gained much more space for it all! Just been such a let down so far. Looking forward to the new experience when I get my hands on it and train hard for the GT Cups in the future.

@Marky264 Happy Birthday! See if Amazon will match the Thrustmaster direct price which is quite a bit cheaper due to the 25% off code "Actrollvision25". I'm tempted at £524.92, must resist...

Many Thanks! :)

Wow.... I'm gob smacked... Paid £649.99 via Amazon UK for it.

I have emailed a Director at Amazon UK now following the escalation of speaking to a Manager and him offering nothing for me or to follow up or Invesigate what is going on. I have name dropped that site and that Discount code in there too so they can clearly see I had the option to Order elsewhere but chose them this whole time.

Do you know when that Code expires bud & When It was posted?

I'm actually in Kingston this Saturday funnily enough doing some Xmas Shopping with a friend, Do you live local to Town? If mine hasn't arrive by tomorrow that be awesome mate.

I'm about a ten minute walk from game.
I've added you on psn

Thank you, I'm Just looking forward to It so much especially with the New Setup we've moved house recently and I've gained much more space for it all! Just been such a let down so far. Looking forward to the new experience when I get my hands on it and train hard for the GT Cups in the future.

Many Thanks! :)

I have emailed a Director at Amazon UK now following the escalation of speaking to a Manager and him offering nothing for me or to follow up or Invesigate what is going on. I have name dropped that site and that Discount code in there too so they can clearly see I had the option to Order elsewhere but chose them this whole time.

I'm about a ten minute walk from game.
I've added you on psn

Thrustmaster retweeted it, posted on the 18th (Available until November 2nd):

So I'm not alone with Amazon not bothering to deliver it on time,
They've estimated by Monday for me... Such a useless service, decided to just buy the game from the PS Store Wednesday evening and got to play all day Thursday as I'd planned and and cancelled the order.

Back