T-GT problem or game bug Brake input issue.

Germany
Germany
Hi all,

Running the T-Gt with the standard pedals and noticed my ABS light on while only accelerating. Also have been noticing overshooting braking zones. (Yes, I know all the driving tips etc, it's not that.). So, symptoms.

1) On full accelerator there is one pixel of white brake and one pixel of red break in the brake pedal input. ABS red light on. Coming off full gas and back on can rid the problem.
2) On braking, the input is only half of the full brake bar despite full braking being applied. This can also be cleared upon release and re application.

The issue "fixing" mode being to "do it again and it works" suggests to me *mybe* not hardware related? But I don't see my issue on the forums which suggests not software related.

Anyone else?

Hi all,

Running the T-Gt with the standard pedals and noticed my ABS light on while only accelerating. Also have been noticing overshooting braking zones. (Yes, I know all the driving tips etc, it's not that.). So, symptoms.

1) On full accelerator there is one pixel of white brake and one pixel of red break in the brake pedal input. ABS red light on. Coming off full gas and back on can rid the problem.
2) On braking, the input is only half of the full brake bar despite full braking being applied. This can also be cleared upon release and re application.

The issue "fixing" mode being to "do it again and it works" suggests to me *mybe* not hardware related? But I don't see my issue on the forums which suggests not software related.

Anyone else?

It sounds like there is dust in the potentiometer of your brake pedal.

Probably best to contact Thrustmaster about this issue if your wheel is still under warranty.

Hi all,

Anyone else?

I have had this exact issue with my G29 for a better part of a week. I wish if I could recall if this happened prior to the update.

The reason I mention the update, there was a note in the update regarding something about an ABS issue.

I have dusted the pedals, even had the back off of it to really give it a good dusting. Still happening. Most times the abs just flashes (but I am braking because you can see the tail lights flashing)

Will give it a hoover, check the cable into the wheel housing and let you know.

I'm convinced this is a system error. Everytime I run race C, it's never an issue the first few laps. But after I've pitted, it starts up.

This happened to me last night in both FIA races, as well as a custom race practicing for Nations.

Very strange.

I'm convinced this is a system error. Everytime I run race C, it's never an issue the first few laps. But after I've pitted, it starts up.

This happened to me last night in both FIA races, as well as a custom race practicing for Nations.

Very strange.

It certainly doesn't behave in ways I would expect hardware errors to behave. Slapping the throttle "off" from fully depressed, pumping the brakes, all the kind of things you would do with hardware has no effect. Then at some point it magically disappears.

Nope, happening in Laguna his week too. Just had to limp round to last place with half brake only.

Honestly, the quality of Thrustmaster is just a joke to me these days. I was tossing up between T-GT and a Fanatec (having suffered the calibration issue on my previous T300 RS) and am SO annoyed at myself for trusting Thrustmaster again.

Nope, happening in Laguna his week too. Just had to limp round to last place with half brake only.

Honestly, the quality of Thrustmaster is just a joke to me these days. I was tossing up between T-GT and a Fanatec (having suffered the calibration issue on my previous T300 RS) and am SO annoyed at myself for trusting Thrustmaster again.

Is it under warranty? If so, contact Thrustmaster.

It definitely sounds like a hardware issue not a game issue... but you could test it in another racing game (just take note of deadzones if those games have them).

Is it under warranty? If so, contact Thrustmaster.

It definitely sounds like a hardware issue not a game issue... but you could test it in another racing game (just take note of deadzones if those games have them).

I think you're right, during the game I can depress the L3 button on the dual shock and get full braking. I'll check to see if my old T300RD pedals work with the TGT and see if the problem persists.
I have contacted TM - this will lead, in my experience, to very lengthy correspondences and delays. =(

Back