T-GT T-DFB

• Thread starter NosOsH
  • 14 comments
Canada
Vancouver
NosOsH
Hey there, I got a used t-gt2 in the last couple months, coming from a t-300, and it is noticablly stronger and the ffb is definitely cleaner and crisper than my last wheel for sure.
But.....
I can not tell for sure whether or not the transducer is actually doing anything. I don't feel a vibration when I put my hand on the back of the unit. Should it feel pretty obvious if it were functioning properly?
I don't feel any road vibrations while driving, going over curbs, shifting? Braking?
I don't really know what I should be expecting to feel.
All I'm getting is the front tire scrub vibration while cornering and a few other small feelings, but never while driving straight. Just a stronger more crisp version of what I remember the t-300 feeling like.

I can't find much information online describing what I should be feeling, but I have this distinct feeling that I'm missing something. It's bothering me, I enjoy it more than my last wheel but I'm always wondering if it should be better.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated

Hey there, I got a used t-gt2 in the last couple months, coming from a t-300, and it is noticablly stronger and the ffb is definitely cleaner and crisper than my last wheel for sure.
But.....
I can not tell for sure whether or not the transducer is actually doing anything. I don't feel a vibration when I put my hand on the back of the unit. Should it feel pretty obvious if it were functioning properly?
I don't feel any road vibrations while driving, going over curbs, shifting? Braking?
I don't really know what I should be expecting to feel.
All I'm getting is the front tire scrub vibration while cornering and a few other small feelings, but never while driving straight. Just a stronger more crisp version of what I remember the t-300 feeling like.

I can't find much information online describing what I should be feeling, but I have this distinct feeling that I'm missing something. It's bothering me, I enjoy it more than my last wheel but I'm always wondering if it should be better.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated
Did you update the firmware? Thats the first thing I did when I got mine and the transducers only work with GT I believe which is what I mainly play.. The wheel vibrates my whole rig it’s an awesome feeling!

Yes I have checked it, ver. 10 I believe, and yea I'm only wondering about gt7, ACC feels a lot more alive for sure but I think that's just down to the game.
Yea I'm really wishing I knew what you meant, what feelings do you get while driving? Road vibrations? Bumps? Rear end slip? I thought I heard there was a shifting vibration

I'm considering opening up the case to have a good look at the wiring, I actually briefly removed the transducer off the back of the wheel and can confirm the wires are connected.
I'm wanna put a multimeter on it or something to test whether it's getting a current while playing.
I'm no electrical engineer so I'm just stabbing in the dark.

Yes I have checked it, ver. 10 I believe, and yea I'm only wondering about gt7, ACC feels a lot more alive for sure but I think that's just down to the game.
Yea I'm really wishing I knew what you meant, what feelings do you get while driving? Road vibrations? Bumps? Rear end slip? I thought I heard there was a shifting vibration

I'm considering opening up the case to have a good look at the wiring, I actually briefly removed the transducer off the back of the wheel and can confirm the wires are connected.
I'm wanna put a multimeter on it or something to test whether it's getting a current while playing.
I'm no electrical engineer so I'm just stabbing in the dark.
Yea you should feel the whole 9… the shifting vibration is one of my favorite.. you have the circle button set to GT right? What’s your vibration settings set on GT? Make sure it’s not to high.. I think it turns off the rumble effect on the wheel I’m at 115.

At the moment I have it set at 150.
I had it down to 125 after update 1.39 but I thought they fixed that problem. I haven't noticed any difference.
Might try lowering it to 115 tomorrow.

I wonder if the transducer is just no good, does anyone have any knowledge about testing or even repairing a transducer?

Oh yeah one thing I thought I noticed under the transducer, almost like bare metal spots, there's also some small writing with an arrow pointed at it , something about sensor technology or some such...

Last edited:
Just a thought. There was someone over on the Logi G Pro thread that was missing the Trueforce audio effects. Although they had the vibration level turned up they had the option for rumble effects on controller 1 disabled. Switching it back on fixed the problem. Worth a look.

Last edited:
I'm pretty it's engaged but I'll check.
You don't hear many people complaining about this problem so I'm really hoping it's something super dumb and obvious that I keep missing.

What about controller's 2-4, does it matter what settings they are on?
I wonder if there is there is a system setting I have off maybe...

Last edited:
Hi, I do feel some effects but not for my taste, this more a distraction than a improvement over regular FFB
Over 120 it make my rig vibrate, you feel it on curbs, hight rpm and loss of tire traction
On my side, I like it quite low

If you don't feel anything, yes your wheel may have a problem

So I think I've just decided to sell the dang thing. And just buy a new T-GTii pack which is basically just over 1000$Cad with taxes
What would you guys say is a fair price for the servo and t-gt wheel? It's in almost new condition probably less than 50 hours of use.
I mean I guess it's basically equal to a ts-pc without the transducer working.

I was hoping to ask around 700$cad 😬
$525american Is that fair?

So I think I've just decided to sell the dang thing. And just buy a new T-GTii pack which is basically just over 1000$Cad with taxes
What would you guys say is a fair price for the servo and t-gt wheel? It's in almost new condition probably less than 50 hours of use.
I mean I guess it's basically equal to a ts-pc without the transducer working.

I was hoping to ask around 700$cad 😬
$525american Is that fair?
Hey there. I just found this thread and basically, I'm experiencing exactly what you've described.

In my case, I've got a brand new T-GT II pack delivered last week and was excited to feel what the transducer would provide on top of the regular force feedback. Unfortunatelly, I can't feel any vibration if I put my hand over the rear metal mesh.

If I stop the car and rev the engine to the max, I can feel a faint vibration and also while I'm driving straight, but it's also so faint that you really need to pay close attention to it.

Maybe I've got a faulty unit or maybe I was just expecting something else to happen...

Have you ended up purchasing the T-GT II? If yes, did it made any difference compared to your previous base?

That sucks to hear dude.
No I i haven't replaced mine yet, I tried selling it on market place, but people would rather buy a 500$ T300 than a faulty T-GT it seems 😔. So I've just been using it, I'm probably going to take it apart and remove the transducer and test whether or not there is a signal coming through the wires, with a multimeter I guess. Then from there, see if I can fix it or replace the transducer.

Where did you buy yours? I would try and return it while you can and order a new one personally.
A piss off I know... But either that or send it to France for who the hell knows how long.

Nobody seems to have any knowledge about what else to do it seems.

It's about time they unlock these wheels, or allow us to test them through the PC or something

That sucks to hear dude.
No I i haven't replaced mine yet, I tried selling it on market place, but people would rather buy a 500$ T300 than a faulty T-GT it seems 😔. So I've just been using it, I'm probably going to take it apart and remove the transducer and test whether or not there is a signal coming through the wires, with a multimeter I guess. Then from there, see if I can fix it or replace the transducer.

Where did you buy yours? I would try and return it while you can and order a new one personally.
A piss off I know... But either that or send it to France for who the hell knows how long.

Nobody seems to have any knowledge about what else to do it seems.

It's about time they unlock these wheels, or allow us to test them through the PC or something
Well, I've just sold my T300RS GT for 265€ and it was only 3 months old. Paying 500$ for it even if it's new is complete nonsense XD

Regarding the transducer, I've sent an email to Thrustmaster's tech support asking if there's any way to diagnose it and they've asked me to send several screenshots/videos so they can understand what the problem is. I'm hoping they send a new base that they're sure is working.

If I send it back to the place where I bought it I might end up receiving one unit behaving just like this one and I won't know for sure if I'm getting another faulty unit back or if this is the expected behaviour from the T-DFB.

Either way, I will keep you updated after I get some answers.

I bought it from PCDiga, a portuguese online retail store.

Oh, and if I had a second hand base, like yourself, I would definitely open it and check the cables with a multimeter. If there's any signal going through them, I would probably order a new transducer from amazon and weld the cables back to it. It should be straight forward.

Here is the process to know if the T-DFB is working or not on your T-GT:

The T-DFB is working only when the switch of the base is set in GT position (and never in OTHER position)

Test 1:

- Set the switch of the base in "GT" position (and not in "OTHER" position), plug the USB of the wheel, press the PS button and launch the game.

- Set VIBRATION STRENGTH at 150%:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240206110728.jpg

- Access at a race, then stop the car and press the brake pedal at 100%. Keep the brake pressing and then press the accelerator pedal at 100% (to have the rev engine to the max) = you should fee here some small vibrations on the wheel rim.

Also you can feel these small vibrations (on the wheel) rim when you lost tire traction.

Test 2:

- Stay in the same race, remove the USB of the wheel and now set the switch of the base in "OTHER" position (and not in "GT" position), plug the USB, press on the PS button and return to the race

- Here you don’t have any vibrations on the wheel rim = it’s normal as the T-DFB is only functional in “GT” position.

I bought it from PCDiga, a portuguese online retail store.

Oh, and if I had a second hand base, like yourself, I would definitely open it and check the cables with a multimeter. If there's any signal going through them, I would probably order a new transducer from amazon and weld the cables back to it. It should be straight forward.
Just received a brand new t-gt2 pack. I have the same issue as you: numb t-dfb. Can't feel curbs, traction loss or shifting properly (everything is there, just barely perceptible). Max rpm with car stopped is the only (faint) feedback I can distinguish clearly.

Did you get any news from Thrustmaster on that matter ?

Back