T150 for ps4 how do you get rid of the horrid steering?

England
southport
Or is it just too basic of a wheel?, what I mean is, when playing Gran Turismo sport or project cars 2, when you steer one way there's resistance, but if you have to turn fast back the other way to catch the car etc, there's a horrible nothing feel , then a jerky notch feel then its resistance again, its so horrid, worse on project cars than Gran turismo sport..

Is it just the wheel i have, it dosen`t feel nice and linear if you turn it fast, feels linear one way, turn it fast the other way and its nothing then you feel it again, its horrid...Ive looked in project cars settings and dead zone is at zero, that`s what i think im feeling, a horrible dead zone...

Any help, are other makes of wheel better etc ? Ive got the TMX wheel for xbox and forza and it feels way nicer than this on the ps4.

Thanks.

Or is it just too basic of a wheel?, what I mean is, when playing Gran Turismo sport or project cars 2, when you steer one way there's resistance, but if you have to turn fast back the other way to catch the car etc, there's a horrible nothing feel , then a jerky notch feel then its resistance again, its so horrid, worse on project cars than Gran turismo sport..

Is it just the wheel i have, it dosen`t feel nice and linear if you turn it fast, feels linear one way, turn it fast the other way and its nothing then you feel it again, its horrid...Ive looked in project cars settings and dead zone is at zero, that`s what i think im feeling, a horrible dead zone...

Any help, are other makes of wheel better etc ? Ive got the TMX wheel for xbox and forza and it feels way nicer than this on the ps4.

Thanks.

Its hard to judsge from your description. Have you tried other wheels? To me it sounds like your losing grip and therefor the steering becomes light (which it supposed to do). The wheel is simulating the loss of grip. Or did I make a wrong assumption?

I haven't tried other wheels, thanks for replying, i don't think it`s simulating losing grip because at low speeds say 20-30 just steering left and right like you are swerving the car down the road it just feels horrid, like a notchy jerk when going from left to right, ive tried it in my real car and that's nice and smooth, the game wheel feels awful, like i said on project cars 2 it`s a lot worse than gran turismo.

gran turismo has a smoother feel, but still a bit rubbish..

Maybe it`s just the wheel, and are the expensive ones are a lot better?

I haven't tried other wheels, thanks for replying, i don't think it`s simulating losing grip because at low speeds say 20-30 just steering left and right like you are swerving the car down the road it just feels horrid, like a notchy jerk when going from left to right, ive tried it in my real car and that's nice and smooth, the game wheel feels awful, like i said on project cars 2 it`s a lot worse than gran turismo.

You realise most cars have drive by wire? And most likely the game is trying to simulate something else? The resistance you feel might be the simulation of the tiremodel flexing.

edit: also do you experience this while parked or at any speed?

Last edited:
Well my road car isn't drive by wire at all.. It`s 17 years old cheapo nissan micra.. :)

I haven`t tried it stationary, and not sure how a video can show how it feels really that well...

thanks though guys..

Ok i just did a little video, first 10 seconds or so the car is stationary and you can see the "slack" before any resistance is felt, its pretty much the same when driving aswell..

Ok i just did a little video, first 10 seconds or so the car is stationary and you can see the "slack" before any resistance is felt, its pretty much the same when driving aswell..

As you can see my T150 wheel does not have such a problem(sorry for the poor quality).
Assetto Corsa PC version and the car is stationary:

Whether the steering wheel had this problem when it was new or appeared after some time?
You can remove the top cover and check if the bolts holding the motor are tightened(in blue):

belt.png

If the electric motor is loose you will have to increase the belt tension by lifting the electromotor up and then tighten the bolts. Be careful too much belt tension and you will lose details in the force feedback.

That's what happened to me, I'm also seeing other people complaining about the same problem:

First problem with my T150.The bolts(in blue) that hold the motor were almost completely unscrewed(after one year of use) despite having a red elastic glue on their heads. This led to a loose belt and sound of grinding teeth.

belt.png

Original bolts were replaced with M3x8 bolts with washer(see the photo above)
The belt tensioners that you see in the picture are ball bearings, they are not stock. (the stock belt tensioners are plastic)

Edit:
Also check with a flashlight if the teeth on this gear wheel are not worn(in red):

belt.png

Last edited:
Ok just been into it, there dosen`t seem to be anything loose or worn inside, unless you can tell anything? :) I can see the belt etc moving, but nothing which would cause the horrible feel...

hmmm, infact with no power to it, it actualy rotates nice and smooth, its only when powered up you have that horrible feeling...first 20 seconds it has power then no power, nice and smooth then..

Ok just been into it, there dosen`t seem to be anything loose or worn inside, unless you can tell anything? :) I can see the belt etc moving, but nothing which would cause the horrible feel...

hmmm, infact with no power to it, it actualy rotates nice and smooth, its only when powered up you have that horrible feeling...first 20 seconds it has power then no power, nice and smooth then..

I advise you to look again carefully this gear wheel for signs of tooth wear(in red):

belt-png.791212

Also grab the motor's gearwheel firmly(keep it tight not to move) and try to rotate the steering wheel around the center if the teeth are worn, you will be able to turn the steering wheel.

РЕМЪК.png

Ok ive looked again at those teeth you pointed out, and it dosen`t look worn to me, also i held the belt part and tried to turn the wheel, there is a slight bit of play as you can see in the video around 27s..but nothing much...

It is so much worse when a game is powering it, like its a horrible deliberate free play dead zone...hmmmmm but nice and smooth when turned off..

also take no notice of the grinding plastic sound that's part of the bezel ring bit behind the wheel i had undone, and its just hanging loose..

See what you think anyway guys

Check the screws that hold the steering wheel to the shaft, there are two screws, one here and one below:

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7-%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5-png.674212

I do not know what else to advise you I just have to be physically in place to find the problem.

Do you have such a hole in your electric motor to see if the brushes are worn out?

дупка.png

Here's how it looks a new(on the right side) and completely worn brush(on the left side):

Snapshot_20190109.JPG

I have the t150 and I have the same issue. Super notchy and grinding feeling. I don’t like force feedback so I usually have it off. I may return this and get a cheaper wheel with no ffb.

Back