T150 pedal repair

• Thread starter alcese
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello folks, hope you're all keeping well.

I've got a T150 here which seems to have a fully working wheel (though I did have to fix some bare mains connections...) but the Thrustmaster two pedals sets' cable is ripped off, down to about 5 inches of very chewed wire. I don't want to know what this thing has gone through, but I do want to repair it and have some fun times. I'm fine with soldering, but I'm hoping someone can help with schematics that definitely correlate to the hardware I've got. I've seen one but it showed a DB9 connector and the one I'm looking at is an RJ11 or RJ12.

Basically I'm asking for a path of least resistance to get this up and running that doesn't involve spending much cash. Don't care if it's a hack or a bit of a bodge. I've got spare RJ12 phone cables around I could cannibalise.

Any responses would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the fast response!

That's actually the exact source I mention, with the DB9 connector schematic, which is kind of useful but there's a post saying that it's incorrect. Also, people are mentioning T100 and T300 and I have no clue if (or to what extent) these are compatible.

I'm also realising that the lug is in a strange place on the RJ11 connector so I won't be able to just use a regular phone cable. Any thoughts or sources on dealing with this?

I'm also realising that the lug is in a strange place on the RJ11 connector so I won't be able to just use a regular phone cable. Any thoughts or sources on dealing with this?

The connectors are cheap, but you'll end up paying more in postage, or buying a huge amount on ebay!

'OffSet Tail': http://www.mouser.co.uk/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=937-SP-3066R-OST

They can be crimped without the tool using small pliers and then a screwdriver to finish off. Obviously it would be far quicker and easier with the tool, but it's quite possible to get a good result without.

Back