T300 RS vs. T500 RS GT editions

• Thread starter IamWSPro
  • 6 comments
United States
Columbus Ohio
TheOptimusKnight
I just got a T300 RS GT edition wheel today. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about compaired to my T500 RS GT edition. I will say, it does turn and has force feedback that is a bit smoother than the T500 but it seemed a little week in the FF department. Not sure yet if that's a good or a bad thing. My shoulders don't hurt as much after long driving stents. I couldn't get better laptimes on 2 of the 3 GT sport tracks but that may also be because I switched to manual tranny due to the AWESOME wheel attached shifters. Different from the base unit attached shifter on the T500.
I didn't use the pedals that came with it, a little cheep IMO so I just plugged my existing T500 set in and they worked just as before.
One great thing is that all the buttons on the wheel work. So options, share, and the PS home button all do what a DS4 does now. So happy for this.

In all I like the wheel, just seems a little dialed back from the beast of a T500. Probably will need to spend more time with GT Sport to get used to the T300's feel.

Any thoughts about the T500 vs. The T300 please list below.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4511.JPG
    IMG_4511.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,178
Last edited:
I just got a T300 RS GT edition wheel today. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about compaired to my T500 RS GT edition. I will say, it does turn and has force feedback that is a bit smoother than the T500 but it seemed a little week in the FF department. Not sure yet if that's a good or a bad thing. My shoulders don't hurt as much after long driving stents. I couldn't get better laptimes on 2 of the 3 GT sport tracks but that may also be because I switched to manual tranny due to the AWESOME wheel attached shifters. Different from the base unit attached shifter on the T500.
I didn't use the pedals that came with it, a little cheep IMO so I just plugged my existing T500 set in and they worked just as before.
One great thing is that all the buttons on the wheel work. So options, share, and the PS home button all do what a DS4 does now. So happy for this.

In all I like the wheel, just seems a little dialed back from the beast of a T500. Probably will need to spend more time with GT Sport to get used to the T300's feel.

Thanks.
It is a weaker motor in the T300 so your review sounds about right. Still stronger than the G27/29 and other budget wheels though.

Thanks.

I have the T500RS - on mine the symbols have worn off the buttons due to a lot of use. Very happy with it including on PS4 so I have no plans to change, but will if it fails - over 5 years (maybe 6 years) use so far. It gets very hot, but I am careful always to leave it on after a session until the fans have switched off and it is fully cooled - this stops the electronics getting fried. I don't mind the strong force feedback and welcome the workout - I don't think I would be happy with a weaker wheel - hopefully the new Direct Drive wheel will be strong.

I notice the T500 wheel looks larger in diameter than the T300 - is it really larger? I wouldn't want to switch to a smaller wheel.

One great thing is that all the buttons on the wheel work. So options, share, ,and the PS home button all do what a DS4 does now. So happy for this.

Thanks.

I can tell you about T300 that I bought with PS4 in october 2014, I like this wheel, has a very smooth FBB, no noise, easy to use. I start using with Drive club and had a lot of fun for more than 6-7 months, then I played 6 months project cars, then F1 2016 and now Assetto Corsa, never problem. The only bad thing,very bad, is the pedal set coming with steering wheel, I bought T3PA pedal set that is perfect.

t300 always smoother than t500 but while participating on VLN 4 hours racing, the ffb was gone after 30 minutes of usage and the ffb meter never clip during the race.

Few of my friends experienced burned t300 too, love the details but really need better cooling

Latest Posts

Back