T300: Save to update firmware on the PS5?

Switzerland
Switzerland
Hi.
I finally got a wheel, a used T300 (GT Logo on the Wheel) + T-LCM pedals. I tested and played a bit GT7 on the PS5 and all works, i guess (but GT7 feels not as good as ACC, wreckfest or Grid, is this normal?).

Now I hooked it up to the PC and saw that the firmware on the wheel is v30. My Question to you fellow T300 users, do you think it's worth to update to v34? Do I feel any difference from v30? Does it still work? I read some posts that the T300 is not working on the PS5 at all (which now seems to work), or upgraded, and so on... so I'm a bit scared.

Oh, what settings are you using in GT7?
Does controller sensitivity influence the wheel (from my understanding it should not, but random internet says it does) have it on 5 now.
FFB Max Torque: 3-4, faster cars i like 3 more.
FFB Sensitivity: 1-2 still testing (tip read on gtplanet) but I don't get the the what this setting does exactly (and other random internet tips suggested the opposite, put it on 10 always to feel, have better control for drifting. oro?)

Any other tips and tricks, are welcome.
Thanks.

t300.PNG

I have a T300. It works just fine, but I do understand why people dont like belt drive wheels. It also creeks a lot. Something in the plastic housing around the motor. Thing was brand new 8 months ago...

Anyway, I run FFB torque at 5 for most street cars running sports tires. I'll drop it to 4 for Gr.3 cars and down to 3 for Gr.1 and super formula cars. Basically anything with high downforce and racing tires I drop it to 3. If I am on comfort tires, I will sometimes up it to 7 if need be. I havent noticed any changes when I raise or lower the sensitivity. I usually keep it at 3.

I don't know what software the wheel is running on. It was a new wheel base 8 months ago and has PS5 written on the front left of the wheel base.

Last edited:
do you think it's worth to update to v34? Do I feel any difference from v30?
yes for the first question: v33 or v34 brought support for 16bit resolution (range 0-65536) for the t-lcm pedals (previously 12bit, range 0-4096, 0 = 0 kg, 4096 = 90kg pressure on the load cell).
(ryan gosling on youtube has a video discussion about 12bit vs 16 bit for the load cell with some more background information. fun fact: heusinkveld pedals also use(d) 12bit resolution :D)
no to the second question :D

Firmware v34 is a must, the T-LCM pedals won't work properly without it. Also make sure it's operating in PS5 mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies so far.

I mainly want to use them on the PS5. And from what I was reading in other forums I'm even more concerned that updating "bricks" the wheel for PS5 use. Do you guys use the the wheel on the PS5?

I'm still trying to find the change logs for older firmware updates v31-33 to decide if there's beneficial stuff in there for the PS. From what I read so far I'm not sure if it makes any differences for console use. Thanks @Tommy_D for the hint of the karl gosling videos, seems pretty logical to me that 12vs16bit doesn't make much of a difference, and it's irrelevant for console use anyway.

@GTRedman what exactly is not working properly without the update?

@GTRedman what exactly is not working properly without the update?
The loadcell itself which is managed by the base unit when on console. You calibrate the pedals by connecting it to PC and running the calibration software, which allows you to adjust the deadzones and brake force.
Do you guys use the the wheel on the PS5?
Yep, I bought it new (well it's a 10 year old product) which was pre-installed with firmware v34.

The loadcell itself which is managed by the base unit when on console. You calibrate the pedals by connecting it to PC and running the calibration software, which allows you to adjust the deadzones and brake force.

Yep, I bought it new (well it's a 10 year old product) which was pre-installed with firmware v34.
I bought a new t300 GT few months ago would i need to update it ? Or is it already updated when purchasing?

I bought a new t300 GT few months ago would i need to update it ? Or is it already updated when purchasing?
That depends on how long it was in stock before you bought it, the only way to know is to check via a PC and the update software.

That depends on how long it was in stock before you bought it, the only way to know is to check via a PC and the update software.
I've no pc I'm not sure how long it was in stock. What would I be missing out on if it's not updated ?

I just bought a new T300 Servo Base on Amazon and the software was up to date... :)
My T300 base has a switch for PS4 and PS5. The older bases were PS3 and PS4. If you have the base with PS5 on it, you likely do not need to do any updates to the firmware.

One of the ferrari wheels requires v34 on the t300 to be recognized (at least that's what one of the manuals said)

I've no pc I'm not sure how long it was in stock. What would I be missing out on if it's not updated ?
If you're playing on a console, don't bother, you won't miss a thing even with the t-LCM pedals. After reading a lot, I've even stuck with the v30 firmware to play on the PS5 and it's just fine. (On the PC I would probably update, it's usually good to have the latest drivers)

Latest Posts

Back