T300 wobbly after a few laps

• Thread starter dkstz
  • 3 comments
Brazil
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
arten_v
Hi. I just got a brand new T300RS, set it up and everything looks fine apart for the wheel begin to become kinda wobbly after a few minutes/laps...

I think it has something to do with the screw that plugs the wheel on the base. I've seen some photos and it look like fully screwed... Mine is only half way there and I can't push it further.

In the manual says to stop after some resistance... But it's kinda odd. I'll try to attach some pics below.

Has someone experienced this behavior? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: typo. And found a video of it on YT:

Attachments

• 20230421_173733.jpg
    20230421_173733.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230421_173724.jpg
    20230421_173724.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hi. I just got a brand new T300RS, set it up and everything looks fine apart for the wheel begin to become kinda wobbly after a few minutes/laps...

I think it has something to do with the screw that plugs the wheel on the base. I've seen some photos and it look like fully screwed... Mine is only half way there and I can't push it further.

In the manual says to stop after some resistance... But it's kinda odd. I'll try to attach some pics below.

Thanks in advance.

I had this on my T500 years ago.

Take the wheel off again and make sure the locking screw is going in far enough when you're tightening it. On mine it felt like the screw was cross threaded and it took a great deal of force to get the screw to wind in and out properly. Once I'd rectified the locking screw drama I refitted the wheel, did it up tight, and then put the locking screw back in. This time the screw went in a lot further until it locked properly and voila, no more wheel coming loose.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks in advance.

Is that screw even poking through the other side of the collar?

Is that screw even poking through the other side of the collar?
No, it wasn't.

I take all of it out then reassembled, making sure the wheel was always tightly connected when twisting the collar on the base. Looks like the collar went another 1/4 of a round further, and only THEN I put the screw back... This time it also went a lot further, almost completely.

After 1h of racing in a league, it hasn't got loose, so I guess it's fixed.

I didn't take it out anymore to see if there's a hole in the collar or even on the wheel, though.

Thanks everyone!

Back