T300RS In 2022?

• Thread starter Egghaus88
  • 27 comments
Canada
Canada
Looking for opinions on whether or not this wheel is still worth it. I have a PS5 and GT7 on pre-order, but still running my old G27. I used the CronusMax workaround on PS4 with GT Sport, but it looks like I would have to upgrade to the new Zen or a Drivehub plus a Hori pad to continue this setup. That's going to be almost $200 CAD to continue using a 10 year old wheel. Obviously the new GT DD Pro looks great but I find the price a little nuts, it looks like it would be at least $1083 CAD shipped to me for the "base" version. I know direct drive is supposed to be great and all, but giving up a metal wheel/paddles, leather wrap, clutch and shifter seems like a lot to sacrifice. Personally I feel the wheel itself is just ugly as well.

This brings me to the T300RS, I could buy the wheel and add the T-LCM pedals and be into it for $870 CAD. This seems like it would still be a great upgrade over the G27, better FFB and Load Cell brake, I could even add the TH8A shifter and be at the same all in cost as the Fanatec base package. However I have concerns that the wheel base is pretty old at this point, and reliability has always seemed spotty based on user reports. I can't see spending the money on a G29/923 either since it is essentially what I already have, and the new T248 doesn't seem worth it to me either. The TGT-II at $999 CAD is way too much, maybe if it came with the T-LCM it would be a compelling option.

Thoughts?

I'm in the same spot as yourself. Looking to get a wheel and I'm having a hard time deciding between the more budget friendly Logitech G series / Thrustmaster T248 or the more expensive ones such as T300 RS GT, TX Leather edition. I've also looked into used ones but I do like the idea of having the warranty knowing these might crap out. My main choice is now T300 RS GT as a lot of people recommends it, it can be upgraded, paired with a nice H pattern shifter but I've found the pool on this forum,about the reliability of the T300, and it doesn't look good. So now I'm out of viable options...what do you think?

L.E: I've placed an order for a T300 RS GT, decided not to wait anymore as I would probably miss the chance of getting one

Last edited:
Is it possible that some countries received a lower quality product? the experiences are very mixed, half and half I would say, and I do start to believe it's all about luck? I can only hope that mine comes without any issues out of the box and will hold it's own at least during the warranty

I guess the play is to wait for the DD Pro wheel base. If we assume the price would be the same as the CSL DD, you could make your own "bundle" with the wheel base, clamp, CSL pedals, and much better looking BMW CSL wheel for $600. At least it has metal paddles and would be $100 cheaper.

Is it possible that some countries received a lower quality product? the experiences are very mixed, half and half I would say, and I do start to believe it's all about luck? I can only hope that mine comes without any issues out of the box and will hold it's own at least during the warranty
Some people have years of playtime out of it but way too many people have had issues with it. Like I said I've had two, on the first one the fan crapped out and made an extremely loud noise so I returned it. The 2nd one had overheating issues even with the FFB on 50 percent (I dont like strong FFB anyway), then later one it started making squeeky sounds as well.

I voided my warranty because I thought I could fix it by replacing the fan with a stronger one but it didnt help and I now i have a crappy T300 on my shelf. So yeah, pretty bummed about the quality and unfortunately it's not a single incident as you can read on these forums.

I hope you get lucky though! If it works properly its a very nice wheel with excellent FFB for a decent price.

I have found a barely used T300RS GT Edition and T-LCM pedal set locally for $650, this is seeming like a very good option. I am also forgetting the Fanatec kit will be subject to 13% sales tax once it enters Canada, so the final all in price is closer to $1200 CAD, and this is still assuming I am not hit with any duty charges.

I bought myself a T300 RS GT edition and so far so good. Kinda hard to get use to it but I'm getting there I guess. There are some annoying things such as the plastic on the wheel feels sticky already, the screw that holds the wheel hub in place doesn't have a clear instruction if it should be fully screwed in place, the wheel has a slight play from left to right if I push some pressure on it and the hub coming out of the base is slightly more to the right which makes the distance between the base and the plastic circle that screws the wheel in place not equal all-around but the wheel itself is working correctly. I updated the firmware to the latest 34 version and activated the Fan Always On mode. I was lucky enough to get a steal from a local online shop and I got it for 389 USD

Last edited:
I just can't get past the fact that it seems like TM products are of horrible quality, other than maybe the T-GT. The T300 has been around for 8 years, I don't see anyone posting they've had one for anywhere near that length of time. I've had my G27 for 10 years, only 1 small issue with the optical encoder which I fixed easily. Even the T-LCM pedals seem to have issues, and after watching the SRG review I'm not a fan of the internal construction. I was watching a CSL Elite on ebay, wheel and base only, but it sold for over $800, not worth it.

I just can't get past the fact that it seems like TM products are of horrible quality, other than maybe the T-GT. The T300 has been around for 8 years, I don't see anyone posting they've had one for anywhere near that length of time. I've had my G27 for 10 years, only 1 small issue with the optical encoder which I fixed easily. Even the T-LCM pedals seem to have issues, and after watching the SRG review I'm not a fan of the internal construction. I was watching a CSL Elite on ebay, wheel and base only, but it sold for over $800, not worth it.
I've had my t300 for about that time turned tens of thousands of laps, hundreds of races on iracing and it hasn't missed a beat. I'm amazed it hasn't given up by now considering the use it's had. Can't comment on thrustmaster pedals as I've used fanatec.

I do believe the negative aspects of a product is more known since people are raising these issues online but no one really praises a product just to tell people it's good. I do agree the quality of TM products is not great, they don't have the best finish and it's based on luck if it fails or not. The good part is that you have a 2 year warranty that can cover you. If a product holds it's own as long as the warranty is available, I'm happy with that.

I have a T300 Alcantara Edition with T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter. My T300 still works fine although I had to replace the $1 cooling fan inside with a stronger unit after the original broke. Looking inside the unit whilst doing that, the shortcomings in build quality are obvious. My main gripe about the T300 is that that they are simply incapable of maintaining strong forces and after extended play the T300 inevitably falls into safe mode and cuts the strength of the force feedback.

Would I buy a wheel released in 2016 in 2022? Nope. The technology is old and dated. In reality, given its based on the T500 from 2010, we are looking at something that is 12 years old.

Had mine two years (bought used) and it's held up well. It's been a good upgrade over my old G29 and it does the job well enough that I haven't looked at upgrading in ages. The T3PA pedals felt fine but I've since changed them for the T-LCM's which has stopped the upgrade itch in its tracks. For now anyway...

Happy I bought it.

Like many others, I have had to get my T300RS repaired/replaced under warrenty about 6 times over a 3 year period. The big problem I had was the damn thing would go into reduced FFB mode after a few laps in GT sport. It was better behaved when I used it on my PC, but not even having it maxed out and with the fans set to max all the time and it would still overheat quickly. Also the warranty claim process and turnaround time is really, really, really annoying.

When I moved over to a Fanatec CSL Elite, the difference in quality was really eye opening. I've recently just upgraded my based from the CSL to the CSW V2.5 (Not intrested in the DD wheels even though it's the same price 2nd hand). Because I tend to drive late 80's to early 90's F1 cars, I find having a heavy feel with my wheel just makes me enjoy the race that much more.

I always thought Fanatec stuff was overpriced, but even the basic CSL Elite pedals are just so much nicer and the rim choices are outstanding. Best thing is 2nd hand prices are pretty decent, so if you decide you don't want to stick with the Fanatec gear, you're not going to lose much cash selling it on. Also with the new DD wheels coming out this month, the market is flooded with people selling off their belt drive wheels. I picked up a CSW V2.5 base for £370 the other week and there were about 6 other bases all under £400. Only thing is you need to make sure you get a PS4 base, as it will work on PS4/5 and Xbox if you put a Xbox rim on (Just the CSL Elite has this for the belt drive bases) So for a little more than a new T300RS, you could get a nice dual pedal Fanatec system up and running.

The CSL Elite has 5nm power and the CSW V2.5 can do 7nm, which is the same output as the new CSL DD wheel.

Problem is all the used Fanatec stuff here in Canada is going for huge money. A PS4 CSL Elite wheel base and rim (no pedals) I was watching recently sold for $760 CAD. There are more CSW 2.5s for sale, but you need a Drivehub and those are currently unavailable, plus the Hori pad.

Well I was very eager to try GT7 so I caved and bought the T300 Alcantara edition. I have only used it for a couple hours so far, but first impressions are positive. The FFB and smoothness are miles ahead of the G27 IMO, no more "clunk-o-rama" FFB effects. The larger Alcantara rim feels very nice in the hands and was worth the extra money. Haven't noticed any fan noise or the wheel heating up yet, my only gripe so far is that little screw on the quick release collar. I don't plan on changing wheel rims so it shouldn't be much of an issue for me. The T3PA pedals do the job I suppose, the conical brake mod is surprisingly effective, but overall no big difference to G27 pedals, I think I actually prefer those. I will probably upgrade to the T-LCM's before long. I would have pieced a kit together separately but the T300 standalone base is out of stock everywhere.

Yeah I think T-LCMs will be in order soon, played alot today and the T3PA's just feel cheesy. Not sure if I have a bad set but the throttle pedal has quite a bit of slop. In comparison to the quality of the Alcantara rim they're kind of a let down for this kit. The two pedal set must be pretty awful. Should be easy to sell the T3PA set though.

I think the T300 with the LC pedal set is nice setup and definetly a upgrade from the logitech wheel and pedals. The CSL DD is leaps better though, i upgraded from T300 to CSL DD and it is a big difference in power and detail. But if your not willing to drop that kind of cash the setup your looking at is not bad either. Or maybe another option could be to wait for the CSL DD PS base to come out and you can pick a cheaper wheel to go with it.

I sold my G27 and used the funds to pick up the T-LCM pedal set. What a huge difference from the included T3PA set. They feel much more solid under your feet, and I'm more consistent with the load cell already. You also don't seem to have to "recalibrate" the brake every time you start GT7. The small pedal faces on the T3PA also hurt my feet, the huge pedal faces on the T-LCM are way better.

I had a t300 for 6 years until the beginning of the year when I upgraded to a GT DD Pro. Can't really say anything bad against the T300, mine worked like a charm for those 6 years, never had any trouble once I turn the vent always on. I would definitely recommend it for someone looking at a wheel in that budget.

I've had two T300's over the last 6 years (the second one I won from a Thrustmaster Giveaway) gave my first set to my dad. Neither have had issues ever, and i'm running T-LCM pedals, and TH8A Shifter. Absolutely love it (upgraded from G27 back in the day). I also am considering a move to Fanatec one day, but the SF1000 wheel, and my ferrari fan-boyness keeps me with Thrustmaster haha. I hope their DD offering can keep me with them as I've always liked them as a company. I also have alot of their flight sim devices.

Back