T3PA Travel issue

• Thread starter KostasRZ
  • 4 comments
Greece
Greece
Hello. My t3pas seem to be having some deadzone towards their end travel. To be more specific, the gas pedal reaches its 100% input value sooner than its endpoint and the clutch too(its more profound there). Having opened the pedal case and saw that theres a plastic cogue attached into a small metallic shaft next to the potentiometeres, i realised that if i pull out the cog and move it 1 step closer to me, theres some deadzone at the beggining points of input. So, there seems to be no in between solution there. You'll either have no input for the first few centimeters of pushing or you'll have 100% input value before reaching the stops. Travel is not right.
What can i do in this situation? Is there something i can do to manually calibrate the pedals(i only know they are auto calibrated)?
P.S:I can use something to fill the gap towards the end points but i'm looking for something i can do before ending up trying that.

Have you tried cleaning the potentiometers? You'll need to squirt some contact cleaner inside the pots (there are holes in the casing that expose the insides) and move them through their full range of motion several times, and repeat. When I had those pedals a few years ago I used this stuff to clean them once a year or so:

s-l640.jpg

Have you tried cleaning the potentiometers? You'll need to squirt some contact cleaner inside the pots (there are holes in the casing that expose the insides) and move them through their full range of motion several times, and repeat. When I had those pedals a few years ago I used this stuff to clean them once a year or so:

s-l640.jpg
This is the last thing i did the last time i opened them up and took them apart completely. Im fairly positive that it doesn't have to do something with it.

Have you perhaps switched to T-LCM mode by mistake? That will give you incorrect pedal travel. See below.

1684437135375.png

Last edited:
Have you perhaps switched to T-LCM mode by mistake? That will give you incorrect pedal travel. See below.

View attachment 1257528
No it's not set to T-lcm. For the moment being i've put some rubberized stops to make it feel closer to its 100%, at the right travel distance.
P. S: Perhaps I'm not the only one with this issue? It seems like there's more travel than the pedals need to reach their 100% value and it varies from pedal to pedal.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back