T500 Noob question help!

United Kingdom
Southampton
Hey guys i got some questions about the T500 (First wheel im sorry complete noob here), I recently bought it and it is a blast, I have followed jack spades settings for the force beedback and for the cars i'm driving but its still really really heavy even when i reduced the tire force to about 40, the only way for it to be less "Heavy" feeling is do change the xy yz bla bla in the car force feedback settings lower like i put all of them to around 20 and its alot more manageable but does feel abit weird.

Im a complete noob when it comes to wheel, this is my first wheel and i got the hang of it after practising all day, learnt left foot braking and using the gears by the end, more and more practise makes perfect.
i am defiantly missing the sweet spot and im sure it will come some time.

What settings are people using for the t500? as its alot more powerful than any other wheel, the majority of the settings i find are way too heavy and unrealistic?

Also Deadzone, is that how fast/delay that your wheel and the car turns?

Whats clipping?

So far when going in a straight line the wheel will shakes right left right left really violently unless i turn all the tx yz etc down to around 20ish
and specifically when at Catalunya when in tight corners the wheel vibrates violently

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi m8 I think you need to lower the 2 master scale settings in the ffb section just keep the 2 levels the same e.g if the cars master scale was 32 try 28 but also set the other scale to 28 aswell.I also slow down the steering ratio in each cars setup this seems to help smooth out the wheel effects and allows more of a chance to catch any slides(I mostly set it about 1/3 from the right the numbers don't matter much they change for each car).

Hi m8 I think you need to lower the 2 master scale settings in the ffb section just keep the 2 levels the same e.g if the cars master scale was 32 try 28 but also set the other scale to 28 aswell.I also slow down the steering ratio in each cars setup this seems to help smooth out the wheel effects and allows more of a chance to catch any slides(I mostly set it about 1/3 from the right the numbers don't matter much they change for each car).

Thanks mate I'll give them a try :)

Hey guys just reporting back after I tried everything you guys said about my T500rs, it is one of the strongest wheels on the market and 100 tire force was way too much, i put it down to 20 and worked up to 30ish and was the perfect amount, 100 Force feedback and followed all of jack spades settings, turned dead zone removal to 0 (Its either 0 or 0.6 on ps4) it took away the oscillation (Shaking on straights) completely and made it heeps better. I was watching youtube videos on the force feedback settings of what the Fx scale means (Acceleration & braking) Fy (Turning) etc etc and once u take some time to learn it does help you tune to the sweet spot. It does have a tiny bit of play in the steering when going straight but i cant increase dead zone cause it brings the oscillation back, any other fix for this?

Also did testing with the HUD display that shows the FFB graph and its a nice straight line untill i hit bumps and kerbs etc, doesn't hit the top and starts clipping (Y) Much improved

Hey guys just reporting back after I tried everything you guys said about my T500rs, it is one of the strongest wheels on the market and 100 tire force was way too much, i put it down to 20 and worked up to 30ish and was the perfect amount, 100 Force feedback and followed all of jack spades settings, turned dead zone removal to 0 (Its either 0 or 0.6 on ps4) it took away the oscillation (Shaking on straights) completely and made it heeps better. I was watching youtube videos on the force feedback settings of what the Fx scale means (Acceleration & braking) Fy (Turning) etc etc and once u take some time to learn it does help you tune to the sweet spot. It does have a tiny bit of play in the steering when going straight but i cant increase dead zone cause it brings the oscillation back, any other fix for this?

Also did testing with the HUD display that shows the FFB graph and its a nice straight line untill i hit bumps and kerbs etc, doesn't hit the top and starts clipping (Y) Much improved
You must also go into control options, 2nd page, and scroll down to 'soft steering dampening' and set it to OFF, then see what you think. Should take away some of the spongy feel from the wheel. It always defaults to ON so if you like it remember to do this every time you load the game. A bit of a chore but well worth doing IMO.

You must also go into control options, 2nd page, and scroll down to 'soft steering dampening' and set it to OFF, then see what you think. Should take away some of the spongy feel from the wheel. It always defaults to ON so if you like it remember to do this every time you load the game. A bit of a chore but well worth doing IMO.

I shall try that today and report back :) Thanks

Yes that helped thanks man 👍 (Sorry for double post mods)

Back