• Thread starter left888
  • 10 comments

left888

Grand Master Member
Premium
Canada
Alberta
left888
I posted this in the Hardware thread but I'll post it here as well. Most of you have seen Sam Maxwell's Momo wheels for the T500's. They are very nice. Here's mine.

This is a Momo Mod 26C with 13 functions just like the default wheel. The nice thing with this wheel is that it can be taken off and the default one put back on with no problem. You can choose what and where the buttons, knobs and toggles are placed.

This wheel is done be Sam Maxwell an iRacing member. At $500.00 they are not cheap but man are they nice to race with. Sam has many different models to choose from. Pick one and get your T500 fitted with a Momo wheel. I am very happy with this wheel and would highly recommend it.

momo_001sm.jpg

very nice Darren, the momo is always light and rigid, I bet you are enjoying it right now. I recently just got a mod 69, even though it's bigger at 350mm, they are the same weight as the Original GT rim that is 300 mm.

Wow Marcus that mod 69 is huge. Are you using that for ovals? My mod 26C is 290mm and is lighter then the stock T500. Oh it is sweet.

Mac it is very nice, for me I haven't tried very many racing wheels so this is a treat. BTW Mac I checked out some of your photo's, killer work there bud. </thumbsup>

Thank you 👍. Darin is the T500 included in the cost? Or is it only the Momo itself?

Thank you 👍. Darin is the T500 included in the cost? Or is it only the Momo itself?

Darin? NOOooo Actually I spell my name the correct way. Darren :)

No the T500 is not included, it's just the Momo wheel. I think Sam pays around $300 for the blank, don't quote me for sure though. Then he has to solder all the toggles, buttons and dials and route the wires. Just by looking at the back I can see he's done a very professional job. So it takes him quite a while to do one wheel.

I remember he stated that he doesn't make a lot on these by the time everything is said and done. We might see him in the forums here, if he has time.

Those are fairly expensive switches, too -- not just your typical low-rent Radio Shack items, so that adds to the cost. Having had my hands on one in person, I can vouch for the fact that they are worth EVERY penny.

Wow Marcus that mod 69 is huge. Are you using that for ovals? My mod 26C is 290mm and is lighter then the stock T500. Oh it is sweet.

Mac it is very nice, for me I haven't tried very many racing wheels so this is a treat. BTW Mac I checked out some of your photo's, killer work there bud. </thumbsup>

yeah hahahhaa 35cm is huge, funnily i thought is going to look and feels weird driving it. turns out much better than smaller wheel . I had my first ever oval race in it. , Love it even though during one of the line up I crash lap 38/50 i think after avoiding like 6 carnage, of course fault of my own, but that wheel is huge and can make adjustment very very well in oval, it felt easier to drive with it . believe it or not I even prefer it to the GT rim when driving the Mx5 and can better my time by .1 of a sec , the downside of having a bigger wheel ( even though the weight to the GT rim is the same/felt lighter) i have to crank up the FFB a little to adjust to muscle memory.

After 1 day I went back to test the original GT wheel again, it felt too small, as if Im driving a miniature mx5 or a pedal car when you are a kid :dopey:

and for open top smaller 27c is much better for it.
sorry I rant too much on your thread. I love wheels and yours a really gorgeous.

I thought about your wheel some more, with it being lighter then the stock T500 wheel and with the nice covering on the Momo wheel, it would feel and react much better then the original. So you have a win, win situation. The reason Thrustmaster uses their wheel is of course price, however it would be nice if they gave us a choice such as these Momo's. :)

Forgive me on the spelling sir.. :( Wheel looks great though, a bit to expensive for me right now, but it looks really cool.

Back