T500rs ffb not working (PS4)

• Thread starter JC_BRD
  • 3 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
so i got my t500rs this week and i have some problems with it.

the wheel started shaking extremely.

when i start a race the wheel slams all the way to the left and it wil only stay in this position unless i go to the menu.

and right now the force feedback isnt working , i can use the wheel to steer and all the buttons work but it feels like its dead , allready hooked it up to my pc trying to bring it back to life but that didnt work , it also does not auto-calibrate.

i read that there where some problems with the compatibility on ps4 so maybe wait for an update or its the motor inside the wheel thats burned.

suggestions anyone ?

I'm curious as to if you got it working properly?

My T500RS just started shaking when going in a straight line today, no matter what car. The FFB seems to work like normal when the wheel is turned, but shakes violently every time it's straight (even when the cars is standing still - where the shaking continues regardless of the position of the wheel).

I've been using Jack Spades settings for Force Feedback, but even though I've now tried to reset the FFB setting in the garage menu and also tried resetting the settings under "Options & Help>Controls" in the main menu, I still have the problem.
I have also tried to exit the game and disconnect and reconnect the wheel again as well as restarting the PS4, but to no avail.

I know the T500RS have some problems in PCARS, but this is not the issue described in Thrustmasters statement, where the wheel shakes in the menus when not completely straight, as I'm not experiencing that (at the moment at least).
If anybody knows how to fix it, it would be really appreciated as the game has become unplayable..

EDIT:
The problem seems to have been caused by having 'Deadzone Removal Range' for the force feedback, set to anything more than 0.00 (even though I've previously had it at 0.05 with no problems). The wheel now seems to be working as before, though still with the glitches mentioned known by Thrustmaster.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to if you got it working properly?

My T500RS just started shaking when going in a straight line today, no matter what car. The FFB seems to work like normal when the wheel is turned, but shakes violently every time it's straight (even when the cars is standing still - where the shaking continues regardless of the position of the wheel).

I've been using Jack Spades settings for Force Feedback, but even though I've now tried to reset the FFB setting in the garage menu and also tried resetting the settings under "Options & Help>Controls" in the main menu, I still have the problem.
I have also tried to exit the game and disconnect and reconnect the wheel again as well as restarting the PS4, but to no avail.

I know the T500RS have some problems in PCARS, but this is not the issue described in Thrustmasters statement, where the wheel shakes in the menus when not completely straight, as I'm not experiencing that (at the moment at least).
If anybody knows how to fix it, it would be really appreciated as the game has become unplayable..

EDIT:
The problem seems to have been caused by having 'Deadzone Removal Range' for the force feedback, set to anything more than 0.00 (even though I've previously had it at 0.05 with no problems). The wheel now seems to be working as before, though still with the glitches mentioned known by Thrustmaster.

There is no need to copy and paste the same post in multiple threads....

Back