T500rs pedal problem

• Thread starter fabulous66
  • 5 comments
Germany
Germany
Hi guys,

i have a problem with the brake pedal of my t500rs. After i plug in my wheel it calibrates the wheel and the pedals and everything is ok. After some minutes i play Iracing (or Assetto Corsa for example) the brake pedal seems to loose it´s calibration. This means when i press the pedal 100% physically it gives me only about 50-70% brake pressure in the sim.

Anybody expirienced this too and know how to fix it? I have latest firmware (v43) and problem occurs with or without the TM brakemod...

thx for any help!

Is it possible that your brake is spiking , causing a very short but high value signal to the sim which it then takes as being 100% input.
?

Is it possible that your brake is spiking , causing a very short but high value signal to the sim which it then takes as being 100% input.
?

How do i check this? Sometimes i have the feeling, that when i press the pedal just a little bit, there is more brake response in the sim than it should be. What could fix spiking?

After all i contacted the TM support and they are sending me a new potentiometer. Problem is that i´m very inexperienced with technical stuff. I was happy to get the new fan in my t500 to work...but new potentiometer...i have to solder the new cable to the board. I´m afraid it will be the same as throwing my pedals out the window :D

Sorry for my bad english btw. :D

You can usually see if the pot is spiking through the pedal display in iracing or the T500 control panel. You could try cleaning it first. I had a spiking problem and used an electrical contact cleaner which helped for a while. http://www.crcindustries.com.au/assets/images/products/co-contact-cleaner.jpg

There is also some information about cleaning them here : http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3255804.page#8318921

I just replaced a pot yesterday , I would recommend soldering the wires at the potentiometer , not at the board. It's just easier :)

Your english is fine 👍

Back