T80/PS4-tips_info_configuration specs

United States
United States
Stony17
I opened this discussion for those of us who have chosen the thrustmaster T80 and/or would like to ask questions or share info regarding or related to the T80 model wheel by thrustmaster

My initial reaction to using this wheel was one of regret. I first tried it on GT6 on the PS3 and was not impressed. However I kept an open mind and decided to give it a try on Project cars before I dismissed it all together.

I like most would prefer to use a proper wheel like a t300 or a fanatec even more but until then... I am pleased to say that I love the way this wheel works with Project Cars.

Im using default configuration. just got game 2 days ago so still just getting comfortable with the feel. Im anxious to hear from someone who understands the settings a little better and has some insight into what to change and why.

@Pichon617 T80 does not have FFB. Im not sure if any of these settings have any affect at all (considering there are no magnets inside its just bungee cords that stretch for resistance)
@suspension one "tuning setup" setting ive been toying with is the steering ratio setting in alignment. this is helping me a little so far.

@Pichon617 T80 does not have FFB. Im not sure if any of these settings have any affect at all (considering there are no magnets inside its just bungee cords that stretch for resistance)
@suspension one "tuning setup" setting ive been toying with is the steering ratio setting in alignment. this is helping me a little so far.

The FFB in the car tune section helps with T80 twitchyness

What do these settings do?

speed sensitivity
controller filtering sensitivity
damper saturation
controller input mode
soft steering dampening
visual wheel filtering
opposite lock help

Anyone who really knows or understands these settings please explain or provide link(s) with explanations
thanks in advance

T80/PS4/Project Cars/Kart setup (career)

Options>Gameplay>Authenticity
Steering Assistance: NO
Braking Assistance: NO
Driving Assists Allowed: ALL
Anti-Lock Brakes: YES
Stability Control: NO
Traction Control: NO
Damage: FULL
Mechanical Failures: YES
Tire Wear: REAL
Fuel Usage: REAL
Auto Start Engine: YES
Flags & Penalties: ON

Options>Controls >Configuration settings

-Manual transmission
-Steering D: 10
S: 80
-Throttle D: 0
S: 75
-Brake D: 5
S: 50
-clutch D: 0
S: 30
Camera

-All fields of view set @ 80-100

Tuning
Tire & Brake

Brake pressure: 70
Brake Balance:55

Aero & Chassis

Longitudinal Weight Bias: 57.5

Alignment

Steering Ratio: 8.8:1
Front L & R Camber: .3
Rear L & R Camber: 0
Front Toe-In: .1

Suspension

Ride Height F: 27
R: 29
Sway Bars F: 20
R: 17

Gearing

Final Drive: 7.3 -or- 7.9

This is my first tune and Ive been havin a ball driving these carts. If I didn't mention it, I likely didn't change it.
Please feel free to comment on how it works for you and what changes u would make. thanx guys.

it has no force feedback but the bungees do offer some resistance. If your not a pro (and lets face it most of us aren't) the t80 is just fine for some fun semi-realistic driving. it is a little numb at times but for $100 it not bad at all

Back