T80 Thrustmaster ProblemsPS4 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi. I have been using my T80 Thrustmaster fine on Project Cars over the last couple of weeks. Last night when driving, the car kept crashing, basically it was as if another car was ramming me, but no cars were around. I have tried again today, and the wheel just does not steer the car at all. Also the car now starts the race in neutral and does not move until I put it into gear yet its in automatic mode.

Ive just tried the wheel on drive club, and it does not work on that either now. I am trying to fathom out if the wheel has just broken or if there is some sort of software update thats messing this up. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

Very annoying.....

Thanks.

If it's not working in either game - and you've rechecked the USB connection and tried restarting the PS4 - then it unfortunately sounds like the wheel is broken.

Hi. I have been using my T80 Thrustmaster fine on Project Cars over the last couple of weeks. Last night when driving, the car kept crashing, basically it was as if another car was ramming me, but no cars were around. I have tried again today, and the wheel just does not steer the car at all. Also the car now starts the race in neutral and does not move until I put it into gear yet its in automatic mode.

Ive just tried the wheel on drive club, and it does not work on that either now. I am trying to fathom out if the wheel has just broken or if there is some sort of software update thats messing this up. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

Very annoying.....

Thanks.

I had the same problem. My t80 was only a couple of days old and work perfectly until it started playing up. When switching back to the ps4 controller the problem went away so must be the wheel. I've now sent it back to Amazon for a replacement t80. I hope the new wheel solves the problem. I tried everything, even reinstalling the game. Did you get yours to work in the end?

Very annoying.....

Thanks.
Mine started doing it yesterday, I will post if it continues or I find A solution.

Ok thanks. I don't have any other driving games so not 100% if the wheel is totally broken or if it's just with project cars.

Mine Started when I calibrated my Wheel and pedals in Project Cars, I will try drive Club, but I think It may be P-CARS, I'll post if I find anything.

I recalibrated my Wheel, and reset the sensitivity settings, and now everything is working normal

Last edited:
Mine Started when I calibrated my Wheel and pedals in Project Cars, I will try drive Club, but I think It may be P-CARS, I'll post if I find anything.

I recalibrated my Wheel, and reset the sensitivity settings, and now everything is working normal

Great video but still no good. The wheel has only gotten worse over the last couple of days. It now only wants to turn all the way to the right even though it is centred and is completely unresponsive. I've tried to reset but it still only reads that the wheel is turning right. I have a new t80 arriving a couple of days so hopefully the new wheel will be ok. I only had around 8 hours game play before things started to go wrong.

I hope you got the extended warranty?, I've had mine since about Dec. It's been solid, there will always be a couple of lemons in every bunch, slim chance of lightning striking twice in the same place. :cheers:

Hi. Yes dodgy wheel and got a full refund. I brought a t300 which works fine except there are so many glitches between the wheel and game I am starting to lose the will....

Hi. Yes dodgy wheel and got a full refund. I brought a t300 which works fine except there are so many glitches between the wheel and game I am starting to lose the will....

Sorry your having such an issue with your T80, Don't give up hope! I've had my T80 since Dec 2014, No problems with the wheel, there are going to always be a bad apple in a bunch, but the T80 is the way to go, because Project CARS is a new release with glitches, including FFB Glitches to be worked out, I'm waiting until GT7 before I purchase a T300, by then SMS will have worked out the major issues, and added a few new DLC Cars to the lineup, I would just try another T80, because you don't have to worry about FFB issues with P-CARS, PLUS Codemasters F1, Assetto Corsa, and GT7 are coming to PS4 Console if you haven't heard, so hang in there, It's always darkest before the dawn. Good Luck.:cheers:

So how is the T80 overall? I don't have time to play a lot and so it wouldn't seem worth it to buy one of the more expensive wheels, so the T80's low price fits me. But is the quality good, should I get the extended warranty from bestbuy?

So how is the T80 overall? I don't have time to play a lot and so it wouldn't seem worth it to buy one of the more expensive wheels, so the T80's low price fits me. But is the quality good, should I get the extended warranty from bestbuy?

The T80 has Approx. 135° of Wheel Rotation from 0° to Clockwise Lock, and 270° from Lock to Lock,
2000px-Rapporteur.svg.png
and some more expensive Wheel Sets has 900° or even 1080°, but as a reminder Most High performance Race Cars like: F1, LMP Proto-Type, DTM and some GT3 Cars has only 200° of rotation from 0° to Clockwise Lock, and 400° of rotation from Lock to Lock. Any Race car that has a F-1 styled steering wheel like this :
New-McLaren-MP4-12C-GT3 Steering Wheel.jpg
F-1 Type steering wheels, steering rotation is NOT designed to be turn hand-over-hand, only GT4 or less have complete oval steering wheels.

The T80 is a inexpensive Non-modular wheel,(Wheel & Pedals NOT Interchangeable) people who have invested $400.00 in A T300 or T500 will say it is only A toy because it is not FFB and because it has 280° of wheel rotation, but as I already mentioned F1, LMP Proto-Type, DTM and some GT3 Race Cars have only 390° of wheel rotation, And 270° is closer to 400° than a 900° to 1080° of wheel rotation, So your are not missing out unless you are racing stock or GT cars. The T80 is a very precision steering wheel with A 280° Lock to Lock Rotation. designed to produce precision responsive steering with it, And It delivers!!! I have been Sim Racing since 2002 and Since Dec 2014 with A T80, I haven't had one issue with mine, if you want FFB try the T150, Which is also a SimiModular Racing Wheel peripheral, T3PA peddles and Shifter can be added but the Wheel is Non-modular and is a step up from The T80, The T150 provides 270° -1080° of steering rotation . and if you want a modular FFB wheel with more rotation and you have the budget to spend $400.00 or more, buy the T300 or T500, they are all precision wheels, So don't think you have to over- extend your budget to have a good racing experience in Sim Racing.

Here is a Video of A Sim Racer that has both the T300 and A T80 and he give A test run and honest appraisal of the T80: He Errors about the T80 wheel rotation, it is 265° Lock to Lock, 135° from 0° to Lock in each direction.

And always get an extended warranty!!!

Last edited:

Very annoying.....

Thanks.
I have the same problem I bought the t80 racing wheel and pedals a few days ago and everything was working fine until today when I don't touch the wheel it turns left at first then after I disconnected it. It turned right I have checked then connection re downloaded the game and still the problem remains I don't know what to do does anyone know how to fix this? The wheel is on PS4 mode

I have the same problem I bought the t80 racing wheel and pedals a few days ago and everything was working fine until today when I don't touch the wheel it turns left at first then after I disconnected it. It turned right I have checked then connection re downloaded the game and still the problem remains I don't know what to do does anyone know how to fix this? The wheel is on PS4 mode
There was a similar problem with Assetto Corsa I found that putting the wheel in DS3 Mode helped, here is my video how to do it:

There was a similar problem with Assetto Corsa I found that putting the wheel in DS3 Mode helped, here is my video how to do it:

Thanks haulin Hebrew but I brought it back to the shop today and they said loads f people were coming in with similar problems. I got a replacement so hopefully this one will work

Very annoying.....
I had the same problem when playing GT4, with a thrustmaster t80, it would randomly

spin to the left and cause me to crash. After reading many issue about this fault, I couldn't find any solution apart from buying a new steering wheel.

i decided to take the steering apart and look inside, I was amazed to find that the cables that attach to the steering wheel and pass through the main body snag on the cables which control the steering. 3 wires control the steering, when turning the steering wheel full lock, left and right you can see how the wiring stresses the 3 wires controlling the left, right and centre positioning. Over time this causes the wires to break away from the connection.

i soldered the wire back to where it had come off and my T80 is a good as new.

To be honest, this is really a manufacturing **** up, I have located the 3 wires below the wires coming in from the steering wheel.......

Y

Thanks.[

Back