Tagging/Quoting Additional Users on Edit

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 4 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
So this is a bit bugging me. So you know that when you tagging/quoting additional users on edit instead of new posts, said users will not be notified for that. The quote and tag you made on that new post will notify said users and will stay even after you edit it out.

Can anyone explain the system behind this and can you change or fix it.

It's not something that can be changed, unfortunately.

It would require the software to keep track of which users had been tagged/quoted in each post, so that only newly tagged/quoted users are alerted. Otherwise, all previously tagged/quoted users would be alerted on each post edit, generating even more confusion.

It's not something that can be changed, unfortunately.

It would require the software to keep track of which users had been tagged/quoted in each post, so that only newly tagged/quoted users are alerted. Otherwise, all previously tagged/quoted users would be alerted on each post edit, generating even more confusion.
Thanks for the answer :) I hope the core software forum itself fix the issue. But until then i understand the shortcomings you faced.

Having been an active user on another forum that uses Xenforo, I much prefer not being alerted anytime an edit to a post is made that I'm quoted or mentioned in as it is here, even if it means not being alerted if the mention is edited in.

Latest Posts

Back