Tahiti Circuit

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
I saw a thread that mentioned this track, but it was closed. So, I thought I would suggest it. Tahiti Circuit was first introduced in Gran Turismo 2 as "Tahiti Dirt Route 3". It was then added into Gran Turismo 3 while being renamed "Tahiti Circuit". After that, it was not seen again until it was discovered to be hidden within "Gran Turismo PSP" and you can only drive on the course with cheats in there.

Tahiti.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg
r-tahiti-dirt-route-3-jpg.1227

It was a rally course I had fond memories of driving on in GT2 and GT3 such as trying all of the rally cars in GT2 Arcade Mode when I was 6 years old. I loved the environment of racing in a jungle surrounded by palm trees and had fun with the straightaway that had 3-4 jumps on it.

Another interesting fact about the course is that when Gran Turismo 2 was still in its beta stage of development, the course was originally named "Tahiti Safari Course" and the track looked different from its final counterpart. Here's a video of the earliest version of the course:

Thread update, I'm adding 2 more videos.

A video of the final Tahiti DR3 for GT2

The course in GT3 when it was renamed "Tahiti Circuit"

Last edited:
Tahiti would look marvellous with todays graphics! Watch the video, that Cobra looks awesome! Wish that ended up in GT2

Last edited:
No, I'm just asking for the track in general. I don't care what version comes back and there isn't really many differences between Tahiti DR3 from GT2 and Tahiti Circuit from GT3 other than the names and graphics.
Yes, The Tahiti Circuit Dirt Route 3 appears in GT2 & 3 but actually there's differences of textures. It would be usefull for rallycross.

Yes, The Tahiti Circuit Dirt Route 3 appears in GT2 & 3 but actually there's differences of textures. It would be usefull for rallycross.
Textures are part of what I meant in the graphical differences, that's not enough of a difference though for the tracks to get their own threads. It's still mostly the same course.

Yes we need this track back for sure! It was fun to race on in arcade mode on GT2 and seeing this track in HD quality would take it to a new level. The track should be time variable as well, any new track should be in my opinion.

Another interesting fact about the course is that when Gran Turismo 2 was still in its beta stage of development, the course was originally named "Tahiti Safari Course" and the track looked different from its final counterpart. Here's a video of the earliest version of the course:
Honestly I don't think the safari course was an early version of Dirt Route 3 at all. I think it was something of of its own rather than a early version of another track.

That Safari course looks awesome too, maybe someone should make a separate thread to "bring back awesome Tahiti track that never got used". Doubt PD even thought of that track since they trashed it

That Safari course looks awesome too, maybe someone should make a separate thread to "bring back awesome Tahiti track that never got used". Doubt PD even thought of that track since they trashed it
I agree, I am tempted to do it myself, but not sure if I will or not.

Honestly I don't think the safari course was an early version of Dirt Route 3 at all. I think it was something of of its own rather than a early version of another track.
I'm pretty sure safari course is though, the layout is roughly the same as TDR3. I know, I've driven on it in the demos via cheat codes.

As a matter of fact, just look at the lap Xenn did in the Shelby Daytona. You'll notice that the course layout matches the map on the final Tahiti Dirt Route 3.

EDIT: A good way to tell it's the same track with different textures is to compare the lap with the Cobra Daytona to the course map on the video below it. I'm looking at the lap now and it matches the layout of the map very well.

Last edited:
Back