Take care of your oil!!!

• Thread starter Kynigh
  • 2 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm just remembering/warning you to really watch your oil.
Why? I had a bad experience with it...
My dear Minolta Toyota, had 1200+ HP, I used it a lot even on easy races cause I was amazed with it's performance when I got it. Some time later, I decided to take the 24H Nurburgring to receive the famous Formula GT. I began the race with the oil change indicator on, but I was so excited that I ignored that, just to do the race ASAP. Visualize the situation! 24H running with old oil! Result: now my Minoltta lost more then 100HP, it seems to be insignificant, but affects the top speed.

-> Always check your oil, don't ignore it because you're in hurry to race, take care of your car.

And btw, is there something I can do to restore it's HP (It's with new oil now, of course)

You could always sell it; do the El Capitan race again, maybe a slower car for a little more challenge, and win it again 💡

Old, old news.

Even with 100HP loss, which will happen after several thousand miles anyway, your Minolta with 1100 HP still had nearly 300% more power than any of your rivals in the "race".
(Not that a Group C racer with Stage 4 turbo vs. DTM & JGTC300s can actually be termed a race 👎 - It's like taking a tactical nuclear weapon to a handbag fight. :rolleyes:)

It's well known that engine wear causes reduced HP, and that the temporary HP boost from GT oil on a new engine only lasts for 187 miles.

It's all included in this thread: Power Loss and Engine Wear - A Detailed Study.

Since it's already got a topic for discussion, there's no need to reinvent the wheel in this one.

- This is how to really earn a little respect for racing here. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back