Taking off driving assists TCS/ASM etc Worth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danteil
  • 10 comments
  • 1,874 views
Messages
2
Spain
Spain
Messages
xDaNTEx333
My question is this.

Im a Casual player i dont have plans for to be a expert in the game. So

Is really worth for reduce my lap times take off all "Driving Assists" with exception of ABS?

Let me explain a little more in detail.

In deep Forest using a Mclaren F1 the Street one. With 590 PP.

With all Driving assists on. My best lap time so far is 1.05

Removing all the Driving assists, with ABS on 10. I cant even hit 1.09 =/. I have about 4 months practice and practice driving without "assists", but i dont see a diference T_T

im not interesed in enjoy the "Real simulation, or feel GT5 like RL". All i want is reduce my lap times. As quick note I know how handle the Suspension stuff.

Sorry about my english in from Spain.
 
My question is this.

Im a Casual player i dont have plans for to be a expert in the game. So

Is really worth for reduce my lap times take off all "Driving Assists" with exception of ABS?

Let me explain a little more in detail.

In deep Forest using a Mclaren F1 the Street one. With 590 PP.

With all Driving assists on. My best lap time so far is 1.05

Removing all the Driving assists, with ABS on 10. I cant even hit 1.09 =/. I have about 4 months practice and practice driving without "assists", but i dont see a diference T_T

im not interesed in enjoy the "Real simulation, or feel GT5 like RL". All i want is reduce my lap times. As quick note I know how handle the Suspension stuff.

Sorry about my english in from Spain.

If thats all you're interested in, then I say use them. Its your game, you paid the money for it, so play it how you want. If you're not worried about the sim stuff or becoming a "purist", then use them.
 
If thats all you're interested in, then I say use them. Its your game, you paid the money for it, so play it how you want. If you're not worried about the sim stuff or becoming a "purist", then use them.

Thanks for the answer.

If removing them will help me in my interests for sure i will. But until now in 4 months, i dont see difference in my lap times :_:.
 
Nothing is faster than Skid Recovery force. Turn that on for the fastest possible laptime. Also, based on how it works, it might actually be faster to turn off the real aids like TCS and ASM (keep ABS I guess, I don't really know since I never use SRF).

SRF isn't really an aid, it's an easy mode. It changes the physics to make cars easier to drive and faster.
 
If all your after is lap times then like everyone said keep on SRF, however ABS and TCS should never be higher than 1. If they are they are slowing you down, TCS may or may not be better at 0 same with ABS, but if they are higher than 1 they are most likely slowing you down. I also found that taking off active steering could make me go faster due to the fact that I had more control over the car.
 
Are you using a DS3 or wheel? I find it difficult using the controller with assists off. I also think there's have more control using a wheel when assists are off.

If you're not that serious, SRF will improve your lap times. I have never seen SRF used online though, so practicing with assists will only benefit if you are playing offline
 
If all your after is lap times then like everyone said keep on SRF, however ABS and TCS should never be higher than 1. If they are they are slowing you down, TCS may or may not be better at 0 same with ABS, but if they are higher than 1 they are most likely slowing you down. I also found that taking off active steering could make me go faster due to the fact that I had more control over the car.

Indeed, it does slow you down. When I first turned off assists, I noted I was going about two seconds faster per lap than when assists were on
 
I have to agree with these guys. I use ABS at 1for all cars, and TCS at 1, but only for rear wheel drive cars. FF cars don’t need it at all. Those two aids with SRF is the fastest way to go. I think all the other aids just slow you down.
 
If you want to play no assists, try some easier cars first and work your way up to the mighty F1 :D
 
My question is this.

Im a Casual player i dont have plans for to be a expert in the game. So

Is really worth for reduce my lap times take off all "Driving Assists" with exception of ABS?

Let me explain a little more in detail.

In deep Forest using a Mclaren F1 the Street one. With 590 PP.

With all Driving assists on. My best lap time so far is 1.05

Removing all the Driving assists, with ABS on 10. I cant even hit 1.09 =/. I have about 4 months practice and practice driving without "assists", but i dont see a diference T_T

im not interesed in enjoy the "Real simulation, or feel GT5 like RL". All i want is reduce my lap times. As quick note I know how handle the Suspension stuff.

Sorry about my english in from Spain.

Looks like you just want to be as fast as possible. In that case leave SRF on, leave TC on at least 1 (if you need it, not all cars need it) and ABS=10 and high brake balances. Leave off ASM it will definitely slow you down.
 
Here's what I do, and it's a lot of fun: experiment with the driving aids.
First turn off ASM, and drive.
Then reduce TCS to 2, 1 or 0 setting, and drive.
Then reduce TCS to 0 and turn on ASM, and drive.
Then Turn off SRF and set TCS to 2, and drive.
Then Turn off SRF and ASM, and set TCS to 5, and drive.
Then turn off all aids completely (except ABS) and try to drive LOL
etc... Oh yeah, have fun! :)
 
Back