Talent/time

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosckolove
  • 18 comments
  • 1,214 views
Messages
1,804
United States
Pennsylvania
Messages
dayofwar2009
Messages
PSN#2 Roob_OG
So my general understanding is that Time Trial winners spend hours upon hours upon hours Fighting for the last lucky tenth of a second.

Are some people just able to lets say.

Get home from work, Turn on their PS3, see there is a new TT event and after just a few attempts smash the previous records time and time again?
 
So my general understanding is that Time Trial winners spend hours upon hours upon hours Fighting for the last lucky tenth of a second.

Are some people just able to lets say.

Get home from work, Turn on their PS3, see there is a new TT event and after just a few attempts smash the previous records time and time again?

There's always going to be those guys who always change that ride height to the nth degree and that tranny ratio endlessly until they themselves have to quit because they have to sleep, get to work, or have families to take care of.

As for me, I'm happy with just beating the established gold time to get that reward money and prizes. Sometimes its at one go, other times it takes me a day or two.
 
There's always going to be those guys who always change that ride height to the nth degree and that tranny ratio endlessly until they themselves have to quit because they have to sleep, get to work, or have families to take care of.

I assume thats what most of the top ten (possibly hundreds) do, does anyone know if some guys are just able to win a TT event without much effort at all? Gregor Huttu style?
 
I assume thats what most of the top ten (possibly hundreds) do, does anyone know if some guys are just able to win a TT event without much effort at all? Gregor Huttu style?

Most are 1 and done for me. I don't smash records! But getting gold on most events is pretty darn easy (not bragging).👍
 
I assume thats what most of the top ten (possibly hundreds) do, does anyone know if some guys are just able to win a TT event without much effort at all? Gregor Huttu style?

Win as in beat everyone else, or win as in beating the set PD times?
 
I guess I should have clarified that as its a huge difference...

I meant win as in, You are the fastest in the world.

Can some people just pop in and twenty minutes later walk away in the #1 spot like yea..... I'm a beast, time to go get a beer and watch jerry springer... lol.
 
I'm sure there are, but with so many people constantly posting times every hour let alone minute, I think it'll be impossible to find such a person in this haystack.

Then again I guess GT Academy was founded to search these haystacks for guys like Ordonez.
 
I guess I should have clarified that as its a huge difference...

I meant win as in, You are the fastest in the world.

Can some people just pop in and twenty minutes later walk away in the #1 spot like yea..... I'm a beast, time to go get a beer and watch jerry springer... lol.

I've never been that good :(

There's been occasions where I've gotten gold second or even first time, however that's a rare occasion.
 
It becomes an obsession. A very time-consuming one. I used to do the TimeTrials as fun, then it became "I need to be top of my friends list", then it turned into "I need to be in the Top 1000", then "Top 250"... when it became "Top 100" I realised this just wasn't fun any more.

I've stopped doing TimeTrials now... call it "retirement". Gone back to playing GT for fun, which is what it should be.
 
^Yup, agree! At the moment I have to be top 1500 to be satisfied which is not exactly hard, it doesn't take the fun away. Still, I can't understand those guys who are a lot faster than me! Whenever I download the ghost, I'm like: "WTH, how does he do that???" As for friends, I always want to beat them. :D
 
It becomes an obsession. A very time-consuming one. I used to do the TimeTrials as fun, then it became "I need to be top of my friends list", then it turned into "I need to be in the Top 1000", then "Top 250"... when it became "Top 100" I realised this just wasn't fun any more.

I've stopped doing TimeTrials now... call it "retirement". Gone back to playing GT for fun, which is what it should be.

Same here. I have spent a few frustrated days trying to get up in the ranks just to check the next days you have dropped significantly just when I thought I did a heck of a job.
 
I doubt there is anyone that bangs these out in 15 minutes and takes it all. On the new one however, DHolland is not at 7:17ish on the Nurb in the C7 Vette and if you watch the replay it's an outlap...he didn't even run around a full lap to make sure his tires were warm in the first part of the lap. Could be his hundredth time at it or his first..you never know...lol.

For me, I dislike most of the combinations so I'm usually done after one or two green laps. For the ones I really enjoy, about an hour is the most I can stand and my goal is top 200 and a couple of times I've cracked the top 100.
 
There's always going to be those guys who always change that ride height to the nth degree and that tranny ratio endlessly...

That's why GT5 Prologues time trials were better, they were all done in stock cars (ie: no tuning possible), that levelled the field somewhat. Got on the leader boards in several of them, but am not much of a TT'er myself.
 
VBR
That's why GT5 Prologues time trials were better, they were all done in stock cars (ie: no tuning possible), that levelled the field somewhat. Got on the leader boards in several of them, but am not much of a TT'er myself.

I'll actually agree with you on that one as it forced a level field.

But I guess GT5's version of TT allow for creativity and ingenuity...and perhaps insanity as well.
 
I'll actually agree with you on that one as it forced a level field.

But I guess GT5's version of TT allow for creativity and ingenuity.


I agree with you too, would be nice to have both huh. One TT with tuning allowed, another with tuning prohibited.
 
Well, the C7 time trial was without tuning, I finished 243rd. Now I'm probably 500th! :D
 
I was 17th!


Now I'm 5500? :lol:

Yeah I saw that when I looked on the first day. I thought wow I have some pretty fast guys on my friends list.

LOL

And I don't have the patience to do TT's. I tried the C7 one but gave up after 5 minutes because I realised it would take me too long to A: master the stock car on stock tires on the ring and B: get enough practice with that combination to get a good time. So I thought no, I've got better things to do and went and did something else. Might go back to it later when I have some free time.
 
VBR
I agree with you too, would be nice to have both huh. One TT with tuning allowed, another with tuning prohibited.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch but aren't we talking about a Copy/Paste type of deal here? They do all the work to set up the track and parameters and leaderboards etc. ..isn't it then just a question of copying it and maybe having one for full tuning, one for a single spec car of the week, and perhaps one with no aids whatsover in the spec car?

I mean, isn't this literally a piece of cake for PD to do?
 
Back