Tank-and-Mech: My Short Stories | #2: Sergeant Fate

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 6 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Yes, we need a GT6 race reports/fanfic subforum badly. This is my first successful attempt at writing a short fan-fic (one-shot), so, there you go.

AGENT BLUE

Agent Blue. Nobody knows who is him, actually. Except for two things: he drove a striking blue Lexus IS and he works for a "espionage detective" agency.
iFgdWb0.jpg

One night...

Route 5. 22:35 pm.

con3N6k.jpg

Prius driver: "I have a family! You better be slow, idiot! You almost killed my family!"
Agent Blue: "There is no time! I got some urgent stuff to do!"

The agent left the expressway for a while, searching for a path to the city of Escher. He has a rush work: arrive before 10:00 am with the required dossier regarding mysterious buildings in the city.

pU5pPRW.jpg

Car voice: "Agent Blue, head back to the expressway and take Aniot route. Then head to Tetrapit and head to Newriver."
Agent Blue: "Roger!"

b7HFqcc.jpg

0T3fCX8.jpg

H8NW0ny.jpg

As he felt that the time is running out, the agent stepped his pedal to the metal, ignoring speed warnings. The traffic police does not seem to care, however.

At the junction...
XwTwgw2.jpg

QpvVoAF.jpg

Agent Blue: "Tetrapit. Seven. Is this the way?" (asking himself)

aDh3M2E.jpg

The Agent took the Route 7: Tetrapit Bridge.

Route 7. 23:05 pm.
b4u5gtZ.jpg

Usually, Route 7 is full of cars and trucks going to many cities. However, this time, the Agent noticed that the road is completely empty.

Agent Blue: "Where all the traffic gone?"
sUJK6sR.jpg

He nonetheless took the route, in high speed, despite the dangers of so. Time is running out.

Inside the tunnel...
ngABYsR.jpg

Car voice: "Agent Blue! We have heard of the Agency of Shadows approaching Tetrapit Bridge! You need to go fast before they catch you. Over!"

As usual, the Agent replied roger. The Agency of Shadows is the rival agency which is linked with mysterious disappearance of some government related people in Special Stage City. However, Agent Blue does not work for the government. He works by his own organization.
o33Qns5.jpg

By the time he left the tunnel, the Agent noticed that the time is now 23:20. For him, no time must be wasted at all times during a mission.

Agent Blue: "There is no time!"
Car voice: "Yes, Blue. You have only 9 hours - counting from midnight - to arrive at Escher and return the dossier safely. Over."

OD78Erk.jpg

Agent Blue did, however, make it to the tollbooth. He have to pay the toll to the Newriver, before he could reach district of Escher. The trip to Newriver to Escher took 7 hours and 45 minutes.
xBGENBn.jpg

Escher, 7:15 am.
fQuSmfi.jpg

Agent Blue left the Dashman expressway and arrived at Main Commerce, Escher.
vH7s6AU.jpg

Car voice: "Welcome to Escher. Agent Blue, you have about 2 hours and 45 minutes to arrive at the headquarters."
vMLIuUI.jpg

2maklgi.jpg

As the agent rushed to his destination, he looked at the rear mirror, and noticed that the brigade of Agency of Shadows cars is now behind him. The leader of the brigade proceeded to hijack Agent Blue's radio.
pKlOiXh.jpg

Leading Agency of Shadow car: "Stop! We shall catch and kill you if you don't give us the dossier! Stop and get out of the car!"

Agent Blue ignored them. Instead, Agent Blue continued to drive. To completely confuse the Agency of Shadows, Blue used his spy gadget: Catalyst Smoke, which made a fog made from Agent Blue's exhaust gas.

But thing is, more cars from Agency of Shadows arrived, but nonetheless, Agent Blue arrived safely to the General Headquarters.
hBrI90s.jpg

Agent Blue: "Here's the dossier regarding the mysterious buildings in Special Stage City."
General Fire: (reviews the dossier) "Congratulations Blue, you did it. We should take a field investigation, maybe later. How's the trip?"
Agent Blue: "It is a long one. Thing is, we better watch out because the Agency of Shadows chased me!"
General Fire: "Don't worry. Those buttheads would do nothing to us!"

With that, the mission is complete, and Agent Blue proceeded to have some lunch with General Fire and discusses the mysterious buildings with him.

The end.

=================

Feedback is welcomed :)

This is a cool concept. I think if you were to put more effort into your story it would be much better. but as a first attempt its pretty cool.

My heart nearly stopped when i saw: 'The End'. There's way too much potential in the content.

Got that retro style future from the 80s vibe... a vibe i always say yes to. Put some more effort into presentation is all i think you need to bring it up to eleven. I'll happily look forward for the next bunch of scenes.

I agree with "Eyes Fried Open." Really cool concept. I love the use of black Mercs as chase cars. A little more effort into the writing would make it really awesome.

And now, something better with more effort. I had planned to write with a rally car story, but never took it off the ground. And yes, that Kyoto Gion photo is from an old GT5 story I planned, but also did not take off. Instead...

SERGEANT FATE

Gen Andrews is a rookie rally driver. He drives a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI used for semi-pro rallying, a sport he enjoys. He also have a thing for comics - of American and Japanese variety - but most of his books he had on the bookshelf was about rallying and rally techniques.

Andrews, however, was once neighbors with Patrick McSavage. McSavage had been missing from his neighborhood for two years. An road incident changed McSavage's life for good..

McSavage was an former sergeant that was unhappy after he left the Army... then he got married and have two children. His wife and children are all gone after a mysterious race car hit his family car from the back two year ago. Determined to swear revenge on the mysterious race car, McSavage became the most feared racer on the Route 5 highway: Sergeant Fate, also known as Highway Punisher.

His car is a tuned Dodge Challenger he found at a scrapyard. Not only powered by a new engine (same part as original, but more powerful), the car is now equipped with a machine gun, concealed under the covered circle next to headlights. The Sergeant could fire it anytime by pressing a button in the steering wheel. Furthermore, he always wears a motorcycle jacket when driving it and brings his gun with him when driving.

For his violent ways, McSavage had been hunted by the police for years since he became Sergeant Fate.

Andrews remembered the day a drive-by shoot-out happened in his neighborhood.

[FOUR YEARS AGO, J-HOUSE BLOCK, 11:35 pm]

wBUlBAS.jpg

(Gunfire in the background. Andrews is awake.)

Andrews: What's happening... (Opens window, only to close it again) ... An attack! I better call the cops! (Andrews takes his phone, but he went outside, as the attacker had left)

McSavage: (tries to shoot the attackers, which ran away) DO YOU HAVE MANNERS YOU ARMED SAVAGES!?

Andrews: Where the attackers go?

McSavage: They had left. Don't worry, I just called in the cops for everyone.

Andrews noticed bullets around his house. His house window had cracked in it. He also noticed damaged cars, including his own rally machine, although on his car only the glass and bullet damage in the car.

Andrews promptly gets his car fixed the next day, as he reads the news about the attack.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

But that was past. Andrews had outlived that incident. Presently, Andrews was taking part in a Duel Battle - a touge-like race involving two cars, in the Hill Lake, located in the upstate. Andrews' rival for this race was Lance Thompson, who was formerly a driver in the International Super Touring League until he was banned from the series for life for dangerous driving, on-track violence, and betting on himself with gamblers. He reportedly lost money from self-betting.

Thompson: "When I was at school, I was a big bully. Got many times in trouble with principal and other adults. Even my father beat me up as a revenge for my bullying! And my grades were average, even if you take out the conduct penalties. I grew up, I discovered racing. I began at karts, showroom racing, and ISTL, but when I started karting, father tried to beat me up. Again. When I was at ISTL I and Mana [his girlfriend] always bet on myself if I expect a good race. But then they found me out and how violent I am on-track, on-car and off-car. Two months later, I was permanently banned from ISTL. Then Mana broke up with me. And Duel Battle... my last chance. I have only Cr. 156,000 to tune this from garbage to something hopeful!"

Andrews: "I don't get and need your sob st- Wait, you was banned from a racing series because you are a dirty driver and bet on yourself? You're a moron!"

Thompson: "Even my father knows that I am a moron, then and now. Yet he always placed bets on me when I race at ITSL. Come on, we are going to start."

Andrews and Thompson gets into their own car. The Duel Battle race had begun at 18:00 pm. Thompson's car was a FC generation Mazda RX-7, in dark green.

4N6q5ky.jpg

YagBudc.jpg

Andrews drove calmly. He treats the road like a tarmac rally stage. He had led, but the wilder Thompson, who chose not to open the headlights, took lead briefly. Thompson would later drift around the first corner to prove the power of rear-wheel drive rotary, but this opened hole for Andrews, who took advantage immediately.

1MqSif1.jpg

VNzN1u8.jpg

Andrews: "Hairpin right."

GUn28Vp.jpg

qZhSKo0.jpg

Thompson: "That's all you can do, gripster?"

Andrews attempted a powerslide turns later, and Thompson still could not overtake Andrews.

CJfhMs2.jpg

Andrews: "Grip's the key here, bub."

With Andrews and Thompson reaching the high-speed curve, Thompson tries to attack back. He briefly overtakes, but Andrews quickly fought back.

ilwL1rj.jpg

JoMtJqf.jpg

Thompson: "I will not eat your dust, Andrews! Maximum shift!!"

IElvLbn.jpg

Suddenly, another car arrives. Looking at the mirror, Thompson becomes worried when he saw the mystery car's headlights, and speeds up. But it is too late.

The car is nothing else but Sergeant Fate's Dodge Challenger.

raM14mv.jpg

Sgt. Fate: "BEGONE!"

EWV7fmB.jpg

The cover that concealed what was the secondary headlights - his car now having two headlights instead of four - opens, to reveal the hidden machine guns. The machine guns are capable of firing at high speeds - at speed of assault rifles - so fast, it cracked the windows, and burst the rear tires, of Thompson's RX-7. The car spun out and hit the nearby wall. The race was red flagged.

MH2U97c.jpg

K1K0D3P.jpg

Andrews, upon noticing that Thompson had been spun out, immediately stopped and turned back.

KESkeJP.jpg

Sergeant Fate later rushes out of his Challenger and forcefully opens the door of the RX-7, holding Thompson's neck.

UihwzQz.jpg

Thompson: "YOU! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?! I am just an innocent racer... why you shoot my car?!"

Sgt. Fate: "You are not normal racer. You are involved with the killers." (points gun at Thompson)

Thompson: "What killers?"

Sgt. Fate: "The Circuit Shadows... they are the ones who killed the 🤬 out of my family. I am here, for revenge. And you... NOW DIE!"

Thompson: "I AM NOT GONNA DIE IN A 🤬 MOUNTAIN PASS!!" (punches Sgt. Fate)

Sgt. Fate: "How dare you do this?!" (fires gun; Thompson hides behind the car)

Andrews: (arrives to the scene) "Sergeant... FATE!? I know you. Why you have to be here? You are disturbing our race."

Sgt. Fate: (knocks Andrews to the ground) "GET OUT OF HERE, YOU MORON! You are nothing. Get out of here, or I-"

Thompson immediately headbutts Sgt Fate to the ground. He could have rammed the car, but Sgt Fate would think he would chase Thompson with broken rear tires. Two track marshals then came after Thompson and Fate, but Fate made threats to them.

Marshal 1: "Please sir [Sgt. Fate], get out of this place. You have disrupted the race."

Sgt. Fate: "No, I won't. Until I finished dealing with this scum [Thompson], I am not done. Its you that wil-"

Marshal 2: "Enough sir. Leave the track or we will tow away your car."

Sgt. Fate reluctantly agrees, and left the scene. The tow car finally arrived, towing Thompson's wrecked RX-7. The marshal radioed the stewards to discuss the fate of the race.

Marshal 1: "Okay guys, the stewards have decided that you will have a rematch within next week."

Thompson: "But my car! It's wrecked! Broken glasses, brake lights, rear bumper, and burst tires!"

Marshal 2: "We will deal with your car and let the GT Auto guys handle the damages."

Andrews: "What about the security for the rematch?"

Marshal 2: "We will improve it for next races, don't worry."

Andrews and Thompson thanked the stewards, and left the scene, both swearing revenge to each other and Sgt. Fate, who had left for the highways.

-------

Thank you for reading the second story. :)

Last edited:
Back