Tapatalk

• Thread starter Rossticles
  • 19 comments
United States
Houston, TX
Rosstickles
Tapatalk is a mobile application in the Android Market. It makes forums much easier to view on mobile. Its also compatible with vB.

Does it rely on a hack? :rolleyes:
If so, then sorry, GTP Mobile is enough ;).

Edit: Offical site (http://www.tapatalk.com) confirms it require installation of a plugin (same as hack). So I doubt it, but Jordan shall comment now. 💡

Last edited:
I think that the majority of forum users have no problems with the current layout. I actually quite like it, and as the saying goes, if something isn't broken then don't fix it.

TapaTalk please, it's just a plugin, won't take any time to install or maintain. It makes browsing the forum on a mobile unit much easier, no more zooming or so.

TapaTalk please, it's just a plugin, won't take any time to install or maintain. It makes browsing the forum on a mobile unit much easier, no more zooming or so.

Jordan did said that he's avoiding plugins, so doubt it. ;)

I got Tapatalk thinking I could follow GT Planet from there. :(

Installing the plugin means more people following the forum more often. That's a good a thing.

Please report any specific errors you are having, St44tsf3ind. Thousands of people use the GTPlanet app each day and there are only a few documented issues with it. Tapatalk will not be supported here.

Jordan
Please report any specific errors you are having, St44tsf3ind. Thousands of people use the GTPlanet app each day and there are only a few documented issues with it. Tapatalk will not be supported here.
My only issues with the GTP app is viewing the front page news articles. When I click the article nothing happens, I have to click it over and over and sometimes that still doesnt open it. I.have no problems with the forums, as well as the other areas of the app 👍. (HTC sensation 4g)

Jordan

The app crashes mostly when I try to read longer forum threads for example tuning guides with 240 pages. I got an iPhone 4s.

Apologies for resurrecting an old topic, but didn't want to create a new one as there was an existing discussion.

@Jordan, with the spanking new forum update, is there a chance that Tapatalk will be supported now?

Please report any specific errors you are having,

Every time I try to open the iPad GtPlanet app it crashes at the loading screen, I get the following error message:

"Parse Error

The remote server sent a unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "Report" button below to send this report for analysis."

I hit the report button every time. This has been happening ever since iOS 7 came out, I'm currently on iOS7.0.4

Latest Posts

Back