Taxi

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 9 comments
  • 1,424 views

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Messages
25,556
Canada
Somewhere.
Just saw the trailer for this one, and I've got to say, it's exactly what I thought it'd be. A blatant copy of Luc Besson's "Taxi", which the European members and French Canadians might recall from a few years back, which later on had sequels Taxi 2 and Taxi 3.

It's obvious Besson most likely sold the rights to this movie, but it's ridiculous. The whole movie is exactly the same down to the second, at least from what I can see in the trailer, but with American actors and shot in NYC instead of Marseille. Except instead of driving an ex-BTCC Peugeot 406 (mechanically, that is), the taxi driver (now a women, Queen Whatevah) has a Crown Vic, and she's chasing Bimmers rather than Mercs. Wonderful. Can't wait not to see it, as I'm sure it'll fail to retain the magic of the original Taxi.

The 406 eventually sprouted wings for Taxi2, and skis and more intakes for Taxi3, so if there are remakes of those, expect the Crown Vic to retain those as well.
 

Attachments

  • cinema1.jpg
    cinema1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 37
I don't plan on seeing this movie, either. The premise looks really bad. A Peugeot 406 does make a better tax than a crown vic. Are there really 406 taxis?
 
Well, there used to be some in Europe, mainly in France, I believe.
 
Noo.. ! It's hella funny! It's like a good entertaining real cheezy F&F! Check out that Crown Vic! :D:tup:
 
I kind of wanted to watch this film but I forgot. I probably won't even though QL is so damn funny.
 
I thought the origional French film had a Peugot 405 :confused:
 
I really enjoyed this movie. You have to take it with a grain of salt. It's the same reason most people hate the Fast & Furious movies. They're not meant to be taken as accurate representations of how you can drive cars. It's like action flicks with unrealistic explosions or ninja movies with unrealistic moves. Just mho.
 
I heard pretty bad reviews of this movie by both the movie critics and real people. I'd probably still rent it on DVD though.

P.S. I've been waiting forever to see the original Taxi 1 & 2. Are they ever coming out in the States? :mad:
 
Event Horizon
I don't plan on seeing this movie, either. The premise looks really bad. A Peugeot 406 does make a better tax than a crown vic. Are there really 406 taxis?
That depends where you go, in some parts of Europe theres tonnes of them, the most used cars though are probably Mercedes CLK's (outside the UK, in the UK it's the black cab) but you get a lot of 406's in Spain and the Canaries.
 
I saw the first 10 minutes of the english remake. It was unbearably bad. Way to ruin a classic :grumpy:
 
Back