Taycan/Tesla "transmission" bug

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Skinny McLean, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Skinny McLean

Skinny McLean

There's something wrong with how the electric cars work in GT Sport: if you put the car in reverse gear and apply throttle, the game automatically switches to a forward gear and starts to drive forward. To actually drive backwards you have to push and hold either the [Reverse] or [Gear Down] button. This holds for both controller and wheel.

I actually noticed this problem when the Tesla was introduced months ago, but didn't bother to report it - surely someone else is going to notice such a bug soon, amirite?

2. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

It's all the cars. I guess it's a feature, not a bug.

Skinny McLean likes this.
  3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Are you using Automatic Transmission? If so, GT has for as long as I remember used Triangle as the reverse therefore it is by design.

Pigems and Skinny McLean like this.
  4. Skinny McLean

Skinny McLean

With Manual Transmission enabled the "normal" cars behave like they should. With AT on it does, indeed, behave like this :boggled: (first time I've tried playing with AT on, I must admit.)

TIL: Why Traction Control is automatically engaged when driving in reverse:dunce:

I always use MT, and I normally haven't assigned the [Reverse] action to any button on my wheel (just tried it, and it behaves just like you said).

It is just so weird (and wrong) that to drive in reverse in an EV I have to grab and hold the left shifter paddle, and wrooom, the game goes pedal-to-the-metal in reverse gear.

Thanks for the heads up, guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
    RacingGrandpa and Scuderia Paul like this.
  5. mwoodski

mwoodski

you shouldnt be reversing

Dimitri and Project_Crimson like this.
  6. fisheye

fisheye

But... If you do a 180 you can reverse through the time penalty section faster. The throttle down doesn't apply in reverse.

7. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Electric cars like the Taycan feel so weird.