Taycan/Tesla "transmission" bug

Denmark
Denmark
There's something wrong with how the electric cars work in GT Sport: if you put the car in reverse gear and apply throttle, the game automatically switches to a forward gear and starts to drive forward. To actually drive backwards you have to push and hold either the [Reverse] or [Gear Down] button. This holds for both controller and wheel.

I actually noticed this problem when the Tesla was introduced months ago, but didn't bother to report it - surely someone else is going to notice such a bug soon, amirite?

It's all the cars. I guess it's a feature, not a bug.

With Manual Transmission enabled the "normal" cars behave like they should. With AT on it does, indeed, behave like this :boggled: (first time I've tried playing with AT on, I must admit.)

TIL: Why Traction Control is automatically engaged when driving in reverse:dunce:

Are you using Automatic Transmission? If so, GT has for as long as I remember used Triangle as the reverse therefore it is by design.

I always use MT, and I normally haven't assigned the [Reverse] action to any button on my wheel (just tried it, and it behaves just like you said).

It is just so weird (and wrong) that to drive in reverse in an EV I have to grab and hold the left shifter paddle, and wrooom, the game goes pedal-to-the-metal in reverse gear.

Thanks for the heads up, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back