TCS Issues (biting at unnecessary times), possibly a bug?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Can't seem to find the physics thread, so apologies if this shouldn't be a new thread.

Traction Control seems to be very strange in the Gr3 and Gr1, I've experienced that it does the following:

1. When exiting a corner with a clean exit + perfect traction, sometimes the TCS will randomly decide to 'bite' when it doesn't need to be doing anything at all, in the process taking away all of the momentum out of the exit and on the rare occasion even causing the car snap sideways spinning off towards the inside, this seems to happen with the Gr3 cars more.
  2. When going through corners that require you to take a lot of apex for the optimum line (mainly chicanes), TCS will decide to bite when the suspension compresses after bouncing off of the apex and the car will snap sideways as if the rears have completely locked. Sometimes with happens with Gr3 cars, but with the Gr1 cars it seems to be a surefire thing on certain corners.
Anyone else experiencing this?

And, before you say "maybe you should turn TCS off?" ...I've been using it via MFD to manage tyre-wear on rears during driving missions, I've also have to modify my driving style to avoid certain apexes, but the point is that I shouldn't be having to do this.

I'm thinking this might be a bug because I'm get to come across any TCS system that behaves like this whenever I'm having a trackday at Silverstone...

I don't think it's a bug as such, since it seems to be working about the same as TC always has in Gran Turismo. Whether it's anything like realistic is another matter.

I think that level 3 might be about right for a nannying 90's road car, but I've never really got clear on what it is that levels 1 and 2 reduce - amount of intervention? drift angle? Either would explain how it's still possible - even easy - to spin the car in those modes. Actually, they do seem to be modes rather than levels, as in, it isn't simply varying a threshold relative to the amount of overspeed on the driven wheels. I wonder what did PD think of the modes as being?

I've never driven a GT3, but AFAIK they go faster with TC on. F1 cars certainly did. With PD's TC, anything is always slower.

It's really noticeable exiting the last hairpin at Interlagos. If it bogs down unnecessarily it can cost you 2-3 tenths in that corner alone.

The TC in the game is trash, nothing like you would expect on a modern high performance racing car. Ive had to adjust my driving to accommodate for it, when in reality it should be the other way astound with TC accommodating my driving style.

btw I'll continue to use TC until the give us a linear throttle.

In reverse it's always on. If you're in automatic, and you're on 0, it will activate mid shift. Like it's being to rev match. Its annoying. I guess tcs at 0 still means it's on.

It's way too intrusive. But I found that on the ds4 I was able to go faster with tc on level 2 with the RC F GT3 in a GR.3 race at Suzuka. I was trying without TC and it would just spin in high speed turns like the steering input was either too much or not enough. I moved it up to 2 from 1 and immediately went 1.5 seconds faster the next lap :lol:

Latest Posts

Back