"tech" Issues with demo

• Thread starter Leweegibo
  • 18 comments
Leweegibo
couldnt find any thread about this but i am having same major problems with the demo..

sometimes it takes ages on the "loading" screen, as in 3-5 mins

1 in 3 times i start the game, and press on events it NEVER gets to the next screen just shows the background with the drivers walking around and such

and the worst is it has not been uploading my times, when i exit time trial it just shows the track and the "uploading times" box never shows up and i have to quit via XMB, this results in my times being lost. I have waited and once it has finally uploaded after over 10 mins

anyone else had these problems? any fix, such as maybe re-installing?

oh reallly, damn have been having nothing but trouble with my PSN connection lately, although nothing has changed with my network and everything using the net is running flawlessly on the PC

but anyway, cheers

Last edited:
Nat 1 and 2 info in the network details is ok for gaming. Try to reconfig your internet connection box (like adsl box) There is a lot of quides how you can set up it for ps3.

Nat is 2, all ports are forwarded, even found a handy free program for it.
dunno what the prob is, as i said just suddenly started, so hopefully it will sort itself out!

Does your ISP have some nasty p2p restrictions? Some games like GT5:Prologue use p2p and ISP have been cutting bandwith and connections.

ISP's have bad days, even though they say everythings fine when you ring up tech support. Sometimes a disconnection can ruin the connection you have to the server, so a restart will sort these out. If that doesn't help, test the connection in the PS3's settings menu. This disconnects you and then reconnects, using the original settings you entered when you created the account and the connection.

If things have worked perfectly up until now, and you have not changed any settings, then the problem must lie with the ISP. In that case all you can do is wait a few hours for them to get around to sorting it out.

Does your ISP have some nasty p2p restrictions? Some games like GT5:Prologue use p2p and ISP have been cutting bandwith and connections.

Is this true? I was sure mine was doing it as I could only get 50kb p2p download speed. Not 800mb like normal. I also have trouble with prologue online. I guess I will have to get on the phone.

just to tie it up, i found that it was my TV interfering, moved my PS3 to the other side, (the side the wireless is on) and no probs now, only thing is my optical cable no longer reaches my audio system so no 5.1!

can anyone explain why my TV was interfering?

I've had a few issues since I downloaded it also, not certain it is in keeping with the nature of what you wanted the thread to be about.

1) For the first few days it just would not save my settings such as Manual Transmission, Driving Line OFF etc. I always had to set these whenever I loaded the demo.

2) Yesterday I was spending a looot of time in the normal car. When you pass the 4th split time and if you have a 1'34.5xx you will normally cross the line with a time of 1'48.3xx assuming you don't completely botch the last banked curve. I did this nearly 10 times yesterday, ran 1'48.3s off the T4 of 1'34.5. Towards the end of the session I hit a 1'34.3 at T4 and thoroughly expected a 1'48.1 at the line, did nothing wrong in the last curve, good line, no mis-shift....1'48.3 at the line. It made absolutely no sense at all. I even had the #1 ghost in front of me and the distance to him was 100% shorter than before.

I went to view my replay off the leaderboard to see if I had somewhow made an error in the last curve, it said something like "Error, ethernet cable has been disconnected" , but I use wireless?? I tried again 2 seconds later and it allowed me to download the replay. Again, I viewed it carefully, nothing occured in that last curve that could justify a loss of two tenths of a second. Just to further belabour this issue, I hit a 1'34.4 at T4 on my last lap of the night, and crossed the line at 1'48.2 as it should be.

Ah well. It could be a psychological thing but I recall when my demo finally started to save my settings properly, I suddenly made a massive leap in terms of laptimes and finally broke the 48s in the normal car. There have been a number of occasions in my session yesterday where the laptimes/split-times just did not add up considering my proximity to the ghost i was chasing or just my immediately previous experience.

All the best
Maz

just to tie it up, i found that it was my TV interfering, moved my PS3 to the other side, (the side the wireless is on) and no probs now, only thing is my optical cable no longer reaches my audio system so no 5.1!

can anyone explain why my TV was interfering?

The tv causes electro-magnetic interferences (same as most electronic devices, unless they're shielded) which can block a wireless signal.
Depending on how far away the wireless router is, it would be best to just run a network cable. Much less problems that way.

I've had a few issues since I downloaded it also, not certain it is in keeping with the nature of what you wanted the thread to be about.

1) For the first few days it just would not save my settings such as Manual Transmission, Driving Line OFF etc. I always had to set these whenever I loaded the demo.

2) Yesterday I was spending a looot of time in the normal car. When you pass the 4th split time and if you have a 1'34.5xx you will normally cross the line with a time of 1'48.3xx assuming you don't completely botch the last banked curve. I did this nearly 10 times yesterday, ran 1'48.3s off the T4 of 1'34.5. Towards the end of the session I hit a 1'34.3 at T4 and thoroughly expected a 1'48.1 at the line, did nothing wrong in the last curve, good line, no mis-shift....1'48.3 at the line. It made absolutely no sense at all. I even had the #1 ghost in front of me and the distance to him was 100% shorter than before.

I went to view my replay off the leaderboard to see if I had somewhow made an error in the last curve, it said something like "Error, ethernet cable has been disconnected" , but I use wireless?? I tried again 2 seconds later and it allowed me to download the replay. Again, I viewed it carefully, nothing occured in that last curve that could justify a loss of two tenths of a second. Just to further belabour this issue, I hit a 1'34.4 at T4 on my last lap of the night, and crossed the line at 1'48.2 as it should be.

Ah well. It could be a psychological thing but I recall when my demo finally started to save my settings properly, I suddenly made a massive leap in terms of laptimes and finally broke the 48s in the normal car. There have been a number of occasions in my session yesterday where the laptimes/split-times just did not add up considering my proximity to the ghost i was chasing or just my immediately previous experience.

All the best
Maz

I have experienced the exact same thing Mazmate...

I also had this one time:i whas doing a good lap with splits 0,2 seconds up on my previous best the entire lap,crossed T4 =0,4 seconds up ....so i whas like WOOOHOOO,here comes a great laptime...result on finish line:0,3 seconds down ...:crazy::crazy::dunce:...

Next few laps all whas well...than i did one more lap were i whas faster than before,and crossed T4 with 0,2 seconds down...so i thought ok,not good ,start next lap....but i crossed the finish line in the exact same manner as i allways do and improved my laptime by 0,1xx seconds....HHUUUU????...

As i never chase ghosts i dont know if i actually lost time in terms of speed in the last corner,but it just doesnt make any sense at all....

Have to say tho,it did not seem to happen anymore the last day i drove the TT before i went on holiday...will check on Friday when home if this is still happening...👍

spy.

interesting... I'm wondering if when it hitches the timer continues although the car is stationary for a fraction of a second.

I don't know, just a theory.

Also, regarding settings being saved. On the normal car it never ever holds my settings, yet on the tuned car it does hold my settings.

interesting... I'm wondering if when it hitches the timer continues although the car is stationary for a fraction of a second.

I don't know, just a theory.

Also, regarding settings being saved. On the normal car it never ever holds my settings, yet on the tuned car it does hold my settings.

Hey Maff,

I am getting hitches too, and I recall very clearly in that session where this was happening it was midway between the first hairpin towards the end of the lap (consequently screwing up many a good lap), so not really a checkpoint...but I do get them at T4 regularly as well.

This could become a serious issue because unlike superspyrrari, these magic laps do not come along very often for me. I've been paying extremely close attention to my split times and can usually predict what my laptime at the end will be from my T2 time, and certainly 100% from my T4 time. Hence my utter shock at losing something like 0.2 seconds in a full speed gently banked curve. When I'm looking at my progress on the splits (the gap basically) compared to my own best lap that session, I am often confounded as to how my ghost found half a tenth in the last banked curve.

All the best
Maz

Back