technical issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter lewis f1fan
  • 7 comments
  • 767 views
Messages
66
Northern Ireland
belfast
Messages
wizard1457
i have an annoying problem please help.
everytime i am playing online when i go into my garage to change car after about 3 seconds the screen goes black then kicks me out to the track selection screen, im running a wired connection 0f around 13 meg and have deleted all updates and reinstalled up to the current version. needles to say im sick of shuffle races lol, wtf is goin on. gt5 fanatic and platinum achived :crazy:
 
same with me i think v2.08 is a troll
 
lewis f1fan
i have an annoying problem please help.
everytime i am playing online when i go into my garage to change car after about 3 seconds the screen goes black then kicks me out to the track selection screen, im running a wired connection 0f around 13 meg and have deleted all updates and reinstalled up to the current version. needles to say im sick of shuffle races lol, wtf is goin on. gt5 fanatic and platinum achived :crazy:

I think that's normal mate since the latest update.
No need to worry. It's not your system.
 
seriously, this has been happenin to me for bout 4 months,
 
seriously, this has been happenin to me for bout 4 months,

Sometimes a cluttered PS3 would give you black screens and loading issues. Having too many accounts on one PS3 also causes issues, from what I've seen. Mics also causes issues, in some cases.

GT5 is a very fragile game, if you don't treat it properly, it won't like it :lol:. Try not to press and move things while it's loading!
 
I was having a strange problem when running b-spec and then when racing online. After the race was over it would kick me out to the XMB. Someone here suggested booting into safe mode and doing a "restore file system". After that I went ahead and updated the PS3 just for the heck of it. After that everything was fine.

Be sure to backup your game save data before giving it a go. Instructions are in the link below. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7588586#post7588586
 
As people have already mentioned , since the latest patch more and more people are reporting this type of problem. All day yesterday I was having problems getting onto the track on SS7 , every other track was perfectly fine and I've never had a single issue with my PS3 or GT5 prior to the patch.
 
No issue yet like black screen, hosted no ABS room couple of days ago, running for over an hour after I took over host duties from another member here in GTP. Previously I was in that room for over an hour, no lag or anything, mic was enabled, several drivers joined in. It was smooth, except for 768 error ( network incompatibility ) encountered by a GTP member here who tried to join.

The last few months of playing GT5 online, the main issue with online is the dreaded 768 error and the usual lag. Black screen rarely occurred, it might have been more ISP related issue than GT5 servers.

I am wired CAT5, to my laptop - internet shared via ICS, and static IP. PSN download is blazing fast even while my laptop downloading from P2P ( traffic sharing works great ). Sometimes I play GT5 online while downloading via P2P on my laptop, it worked well too.
 
Back