Telemetry Tools?

• Thread starter F1Racer68
  • 12 comments
Canada
In front of you.
F1_Racer68
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. A search did not show anything to address this question.

So, GT6 has the Data Logger, and more recently export to Motec i2. Many other sims have the ability to natively (GTR & GTR2) or via some mod (iRacing, rFactor2) output data to Motec, or some other Telemetry readers.

On the Project CARS App page it mentions 2 similar community developed tools, but I am completely unable to find any source to obtain those tools (pCARS Profiler & pCARS Telemetry).

Can anyone form the WMD community tell me where I might be able to find an appropriate Telemetry analysis tools similar to Motec that works with Project CARS?

Considering all the 3rd party apps and servers out there for second screens, I would think that someone has created something. I just can't seem to find anything (and I am not able to build it myself).

I have already tried MikeyTT's vrHive, and although it is an excellent tool, it's not quite what I am looking for.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. A search did not show anything to address this question.

So, GT6 has the Data Logger, and more recently export to Motec i2. Many other sims have the ability to natively (GTR & GTR2) or via some mod (iRacing, rFactor2) output data to Motec, or some other Telemetry readers.

On the Project CARS App page it mentions 2 similar community developed tools, but I am completely unable to find any source to obtain those tools (pCARS Profiler & pCARS Telemetry).

Can anyone form the WMD community tell me where I might be able to find an appropriate Telemetry analysis tools similar to Motec that works with Project CARS?

Considering all the 3rd party apps and servers out there for second screens, I would think that someone has created something. I just can't seem to find anything (and I am not able to build it myself).

I have already tried MikeyTT's vrHive, and although it is an excellent tool, it's not quite what I am looking for.
If your on PC use drjustice datalogger. It's got all the features you'll need. If your on the ps4 use the telemetry overlay. With a bit of practice you'll be able to get the info from the screen.

Any word on console compatible apps? I've checked a bunch of them but they're all for PC. I'd love something for my tablet, like a second screen.

^ The console versions do not support apps, unfortunately. At least for now - there are restriction on what network activity is allowed by the console manufacturers.

^ The console versions do not support apps, unfortunately. At least for now - there are restriction on what network activity is allowed by the console manufacturers.

This would be such a good chance to use the 2nd screen app on PS Vita or Sony phones (don't know if it is already possible with every android hardware), at least for the PS4.

This would be such a good chance to use the 2nd screen app on PS Vita or Sony phones (don't know if it is already possible with every android hardware), at least for the PS4.

There's a good chance it could happen. There are a few PS4 games that use "companion apps" for Android and iOS that are used as second screens. Some of them are just offline customizing etc. but some are real time maps and load outs.

There's a good chance it could happen. There are a few PS4 games that use "companion apps" for Android and iOS that are used as second screens. Some of them are just offline customizing etc. but some are real time maps and load outs.

It was never mentioned on the wmd forum if they plan to implement it. I'd be happy to see it, but I don't think it will happen.

EA and Ubi usually have companion apps, though I'm not sure these actually connect via the LAN/WiFi directly to your console/PC or rather go through EA/Ubi's dedicated servers. I suspect the latter. Most apps we see for the PC connect directly to your tablet/phone via LAN/WiFi/BT/USB.

Xbox also has smartglass. One game that uses a good implementation is Battlefield. You can use it for a large screen map of the battlefield. Couple other games that use it also.

Smartglass uses Wifi Direct.

Back