Telemetry?

United States
Flint Mi
aj_thecaveman
aj aus84
New to PS3, so im sure this is a noob question.. Is there any way I can pull up some kind of telemetry while I am driving? or in replays? anywhere? Its almost impossible for me to learn tuning on GT without seeing my contact patch, tire temps, spring rates, compressions and so on.
I'm coming from Forza, and watching my replays (or driving) with telemetry pulled up is the only way I could really see what my car was doing under certain conditions in order to fine tune my cars properly. esp if i am tuning for certain tracks that are bumpy and all have their own characteristics. I cant even see a screen to change my tire pressure..

Again. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but im new to the current gen GT series and have not been able to find the info.

Thanks for your help,
AJ

theres nothing mate i also just made the move to gt6 from forza , there is nothing at all going to have to tune straight off of feel :/ the biggest let down on gt for me slacking with out telemetry
ps no tire pressure change either

There are some tuners on GTPlanet who have their threads full with the best tune you can have for a car, check them out. For now telemetry like you explained is not in GT series.

Condition of the tyres - both temperature and tyre wear are a huge help..

I set the car up according to what's happening to the tyres, finding a balance (feel to the car) isn't too bad, but matching this to even wear and heat - this opens up a whole new can of worms.

Having tyre / fuel wear on fast helps to highlight any issues pretty quick - as some cars take while to wear their tyres...

Yeah I miss the telemetry as well. There should be a telemetry option coming in an update soon that can be used on replays. They had this in GT4 and 5 and I read somewhere before release that it would be available at a later time in an update so for now just got to make do without it.

I also miss being able to pause on the test drive mode and make little tweaks and resume which I did a lot of on Forza.

On the bright side I really like that you can buy and/or install parts while on the test track, career race and online lobby

Having tyre / fuel wear on fast helps to highlight any issues pretty quick - as some cars take while to wear their tyres...
I had not considered that, sounds like it could be useful. Thanks

Pretty sure I read it's coming in an update as there where a lot if the work with KW and the suspension modelling has gone.

Sounds like AJtheboy. Tuning is very strange in GT6. With half the cars, things don't do what they are supposed to so you wind up trying the opposite and seeing if that works. And often it does.

But the driving dynamics are so much more fun.

Back