Temporary IP Bans?

• Thread starter RGRJonG
  • 0 comments

Should Polyphony establish harsh penalties on drivers that intentionally punt?

• Total voters
United States
United States
I don't know about you, but I name thoroughly tired of punters and dive bombers.

Rubbing is racing...I get that. And I don't mind some door to door action if someone is giving me space because I try to make sure I give everyone else who is next to me space. However, guys who would intentionally dive into a corner and power out of it all the way to track out knowing full well there is another car next to them deserve a lower driver rating. Drivers that intentionally bump you after several corners of not being able to set up a clean pass deserve a lower driver rating.

I know I am not the first person to rant and rave about this. And I know Polyphony has gone back and forth with the Penalty System algorithm. However, some of these poor driving behaviors are causing WAY more trouble for non-offending drivers that is worth FAR more than the 1.0 second penalty they get.

As an example, check out what happened to Rory (EERIEISSSSon youtube).

I have been collecting replays in prep for starting a youtube channel dedicated to this behavior. And there is no shortage of person intentionally turning sharply into me to put me in the dirt. Now I will be the first to tell you, I can be a clumsy driver from time to time. And when I am I make sure to give the position back if I get one out of it or let the driver get settled for a few corners before trying to get a clean pass. I have had other players after losing two races back to back (the first had some sloppy driving on my part, the second where he missed several attempts to punt me and we had no contact) post in the chat "Its time to spend some SR".

I think Super GT says it best when he describes the penalty for a punt he recorded. The clip starts at the beginning of the straight to set up the incident. His comments on the penalty, in my opinion, are spot on.

[MEDIA]

In my opinion, this needs to stop. Some of us are just trying to enjoy ourselves by improving as much as we can. Others of us are actually trying to earn a living doing videos or climbing the ranks in the FIA events. This is not behavior that should be tolerated either way.

What do you think?

Latest Posts

Back