Ten FH2 Cars To Last You The Rest Of Your Life

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 8 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
Recently I started a thread in the General Automotive forum titled Ten Cars To Last You The Rest Of Your Life. Have a look if you haven't already. But then I thought, let's have fun with the same concept, but right here in Horizon 2. If you lived in the world of FH2, and could only have ten cars to last you the rest of your life, what would they be? This isn't a top 10 list, but a thought experiment. Do you get ten E30s in ten different colors and call it good? Do you try to anticipate your automotive needs over the rest of your life and try to chose accordingly? Do you buy one sensible, reliable sedan and nine hypercars? Here are my choices.

1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine". I don't care if I live in Europe. I still have to have a muscle car, and this red, white, and blue Machine is perfect for playing the role of the Ugly American.

1953 Ferrari 500. I have to have one classic sports/race car. I had a hard time choosing because there are so may excellent choices in the game, but finally went with the lovely little 2.0 liter, 4-cylinder Ferrari 500. Light, nimble and torquey. Perfect.

1982 VW GTi. Life just isn't complete without a hot hatch. There are a lot to choose from, but I had to go with the original, the wellspring of hot hatches, the first and best, the VW GTi.

1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. I need something stylish when I'm stepping out into the Nice night life, and the Porsche 911 is ideal. Also, this is the only air-cooled 911 in the game, and it's got to be air-cooled for me.

1972 Alpine A110S. Another rear-engined car, but this one from France. The shapely Alpine with its Renault 4-cylinder hanging off the back end is as European as they get.

1991 Jeep Wagoneer. I can't ignore the more mundane needs in life. I'm going to need something that can carry plenty of people and plenty of cargo, sometimes at the same time.

1971 Mazda Cosmo. The baroque lines of the Cosmo have always appealed to me. A rotary engine, even with less than 1000cc, is a wonderful thing.

1970 VW Beetle. The VW Beetle was my favorite car when I was a kid, so there's no way I'm going to live my life without one. I went with the racing modified one because Baja Bugs are the coolest.

2013 Mazda MX-5 (NC). No enthusiast's garage would be complete without a Miata. Modern, reliable, and still a huge pot of fun. Of the four series made so far, I like the NC best.

1968 Lancia Fulvia HF Rallye 1.6. I was tempted to put all five Lancias in my list, but decided to just go with the one that mattered the most to me, the Fulvia. I've been in love with this car and have waited a long time for it to be included in either FH/FM/GT. Now that I've got it, I'm not doing without it. I have a feeling that even with all these other great cars on my list, this would still get the most use.

Last edited:
Is this for practicality or if we were a racer in the nightlife of southern France (i.e is this for our own lives or our ingame lives)

Ferrari F50 (Lots of online wins in this car)
Mitsubishi Evo 6. (Rally love + lots of wins)
Ferrari 250 GTO (vintage race)
Ferrari 250 GT/L Lusso (vintage cruising)
Jaguar XJ220 (blasting down the freeway)
McLaren F1 (the sound!)
Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 (looks like an RWB, drives great)
67 Corvette 427 (restomod)
GetPhoto.ashx

MX-5 Super 20 (sounds amazing, has plenty of power)
Ferrari La Ferrari (big sound and big power)

Recently I started a thread in the General Automotive forum titled Ten Cars To Last You The Rest Of Your Life. Have a look if you haven't already. But then I thought, let's have fun with the same concept, but right here in Horizon 2. If you lived in the world of FH2, and could only have ten cars to last you the rest of your life, what would they be? This isn't a top 10 list, but a thought experiment. Do you get ten E30s in ten different colors and call it good? Do you try to anticipate your automotive needs over the rest of your life and try to chose accordingly? Do you buy one sensible, reliable sedan and nine hypercars? Here are my choices.

1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine". I don't care if I live in Europe. I still have to have a muscle car, and this red, white, and blue Machine is perfect for playing the role of the Ugly American.

1953 Ferrari 500. I have to have one classic sports/race car. I had a hard time choosing because there are so may excellent choices in the game, but finally went with the lovely little 2.0 liter, 4-cylinder Ferrari 500. Light, nimble and torquey. Perfect.

1982 VW GTi. Life just isn't complete with a hot hatch. There are a lot to choose from, but I had to go with the original, the wellspring of hot hatches, the first and best, the VW GTi.

1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. I need something stylish when I'm stepping out into the Nice night life, and the Porsche 911 is ideal. Also, this is the only air-cooled 911 in the game, and it's got to be air-cooled for me.

1972 Alpine A110S. Another rear-engined car, but this one from France. The shapely Alpine with its Renault 4-cylinder hanging off the back end is as European as they get.

1991 Jeep Wagoneer. I can't ignore the more mundane needs in life. I'm going to need something that can carry plenty of people and plenty of cargo, sometimes at the same time.

1971 Mazda Cosmo. The baroque lines of the Cosmo have always appealed to me. A rotary engine, even with less than 1000cc, is a wonderful thing.

1970 VW Beetle. The VW Beetle was my favorite car when I was a kid, so there's no way I'm going to live my life without one. I went with the racing modified one because Baja Bugs are the coolest.

2013 Mazda MX-5 (NC). No enthusiast's garage would be complete without a Miata. Modern, reliable, and still a huge pot of fun. Of the four series made so far, I like the NC best.

1968 Lancia Fulvia HF Rallye 1.6. I was tempted to put all five Lancias in my list, but decided to just go with the one that mattered the most to me, the Fulvia. I've been in love with this car and have waited a long time for it to be included in either FH/FM/GT. Now that I've got it, I'm not doing without it. I have a feeling that even with all these other great cars on my list, this would still get the most use.

How is the ND MX-5? is the NC better in the game?

How is the ND MX-5? is the NC better in the game?
All four MX-5s are a hoot to drive. The differences in them are fairly minute, minus the usual horsepower increase from generation to generation. I simply like the looks of the NC best.

Back