Terrible drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freddie
  • 26 comments
  • 1,352 views
Messages
471
What are the worst drivers you've encountered?

Since I'm still attending school and haven't got a drivers licecense (nor access to a car), I'm still riding the bus to school. Some time ago, we had a temporary driver for a single day. He obviously weren't used to driving a bus with manual gearshifting. To begin with, he misshifted several times, either knocking down revs or crunching the cogs. Also, he was lucky enough to experience hill-starting. Instead of doing what just about all drivers would do, he engaged 4th gear, revved up and dumped the clutch, obviously making the engine grind to a near halt. He did so several times attemting to get the bus moving (the engine doing <100rpm at one occasion, just to tell, it makes a weird noise at such low revs). Eventually he figured out that he should try 1st and got the bus moving. The rest of the trip went with the same flow as described above.:rolleyes:

So, any other stories.
 
My friend used to go to regular tennis lessons so one time I decided to go along for a little game. After we'd finished, his Grandfather came to pick us up. Now, this guy is obviously not very patient because we came to a roundabout that had roadworks near it and, because someone was causing him to spend an extra minute away from his tea (God forbid!) he drove up on to the curb, drove about 10 metres along the pavement and sped off down the road. :rolleyes:
 
My dad's friend once drove in reverse along a highway (on the shoulder) because he missed his exit :lol:

And I won't even go into details about the time this guy drove across a golf course at night with no lights on!
 
I've got 2 friends(1 friend and one kinda-sorta friend) that drive horribly.
The first one, the friend, drives a Mazda 6i...we were heading to the junkyard(he needed to get stuff for his dad's old caddy), this kid was jerking all over the road. He couldn't make 1 curve without jerking the wheel side to side. He then missed our exit, was in the wrong lane many times, didn't know where the hell he was going even after I told him step by step, and then in the JY parking lot he wanted to park his new car next to the most beat up things there and made a fuss when I told him to park in a spot away from the crappy cars. On the way back in the I-70 express lanes, he did a measly 105, hit a dip around a small curve, and over corrected into the other lane. Then he said "See how this car is so great, it handles very good". Yeah, with a good driver!
The 2nd one, man it's tough to say what this kid's done. Somehow he aquired a fairly good condition RX-7 GSL-SE. He brought it to my house when I was sick, but I made the effort to go outside and see it. It was pretty much like my dad's was, but not in as good of shape. He wanted to take me on a little ride in it, so I said ok. It was like 9pm or so. So I go outside and his RX is parked in my across the street neighbor's driveway. I asked him "why would you park in someone's driveway like that?" He's like "ohh it's late they won't mind". So then we leave the driveway and make it the 30 or so feet to the corner. He does a normal take off by revving it to 4,500rpm and letting the clutch out very slow. I asked him about it and he said that he has to do it. Yeah, right. So then leaving my street he does the same thing. We make it up to my elementary school and he's like "Ryan wanna go drifting in the parking lot?" I'm like "what?! No." He's like "fine...". So then we left back down the road and he starts going 60 in the 35(which isn't bad) but then he starts driving down the middle of the road over the lines and there was traffic coming(although not close). All I could do was sink down in the seat and hope for the best. He also went drifting in the car all the time, one time he drifted into and over a curb, into a field, and back over the curb and onto the street at about 65mph, and he said it was fun. He also has a '95 Maxima which he revves to the limiter and nuetral drops all the time, and his newest toy is a 180 or 240SX made into a sort of "Sileighty" type deal that is evidently 425hp. He took one of my other friends for a ride in it and my friend videotaped him going pegging the speedo in broad daylight on a buisy highway. What a moron. Then he came up to show me the car at work(at the Mazda/Subaru dealership I work at). I was busy as hell, and when I finally came out he started revving it up, a very loud car, while people(salesmen, managers, even Lou Fusz the 3rd) were there and I just walked away from him and went inside. Hopefully he'll be arrested for driving fast or crash or something to end his idiotic driving and crap.
 
The worst driver I know of is my grandmother's husband. (Nobody in my family would every call him a grandfather)

He is absolutely horrible. He goes 80 MPH in a normal street, then stops in the middle of the street for no reason. He regularly drives over curbs and sidewalks. He swerves back and forth across the road in the middle of traffic. In his mind, the laws of the road and the safety of pedestrians and other drivers is not an issue. He has directly caused several accidents, but has weaseled out of responsibility using his experience from his career as a personal injury lawyer.
 
I kid you not. Be very careful if you happen to drive throught Lorain, Ohio.
 
:scared: of the drivers decribed in this thread. Takumi thought you grandfather was the guy in L.A. for a minute there.
 
Originally posted by VipFREAK
:scared: of the drivers decribed in this thread. Takumi thought you grandfather was the guy in L.A. for a minute there.

Just have to say, he's not my grandfather. My dad was in his 20s befire she married him. Even if he was really my grandfather, I wouldn't acknowledge him. He nearly broke my arm when I was four years old because I touched the brass handle on his kitchen handle. THen, he kicked my mom and my brother (who was a baby at the time) out of the house, into a snowstorm. He followed that up by calling the police and claiming that my dad had assaulted him.
 
My friend's dad used to drive me to school in his Geo Tracker. We would come up to a red light and he wouldn't stop. My friend would say, "Red light..." and we would wait a few seconds. After he continues to accelerate my friend yells, "RED LIGHT!!!" Then he jams on the brakes. "That light snuck up on me."
 
My best friend is probably the worst driver I know. He's completely oblivious to his surroundings and what speed he is going.
He'll be doing 65 in a 25 mph zone and not even notice that he's doing it.
On one occasion, I happened to see him up ahead of me on the highway. I sped up to him so that I could pull along side of him and wave hello. So I get on the gas and get right up next to him. Literally my passenger window and his drivers window are next to eachother. He didn't even look over. I honked my horn. He didn't even flinch. He turned off the exit and didn't even know I was there until the next day when I told him the story.

He's been in several car accidents in the 2.5 years that I've know him. The car that he had when I met him was a Toyota Camry. It's engine went south cus he never knew to put oil in it. Then he get's a Lexus ES300. He nearly killed himself the day that he bought it when he was driving back up into the mountains during a snow storm.
About 6 months ago he was in an accident that he caused because he pulled out in front of oncomming traffic in the left turn lane. He just didn't see anyone coming was his explination.

He's been pulled over numerous times. And every time he gets pulled over, he's able to talk his way out of a ticket. (He's very articulate and persuasive.) I remember he was pulled over 7 times in one night. I know that at least 4 were true because he called me while the officer was giving him a warning. I could actually hear the officers giving thier speech to him. :lol:

He's by far the worst driver I know and no matter how much I make fun of him, or try to get him to change his ways, he just never does.

When will he ever learn? :lol:
 
My brother. He's always about 40 or 50 over the limit and if he gets another ticket, our family's insurance policy will most likely be cancelled :irked:.

My sister will most likely be a bad driver only because she can't follow directions well. She doesn't know where the directions to get home when she's at a friend's house. I can just imagine her slamming the brakes last second and cutting across 2 lanes to make a left turn
 
I wont name names, but I know a guy who pulled into a parking spot at a mall but then instead of stopping drove straight into a wall. It's a good thing there was a wall there, and not another car!
 
I went to the movies once with my sisters boyfriedn and when he pulled into the parking lot he hit a minivan net to him and pulled out and left. Oh and last year we used to have a sub-busdriver and she was a mean b!tch. If you stood up whens he was approaching your stop she would stop on the brakes and send you fyling. And once when we approached my stop someones carbage can fell into the street so she ran it over and stopped on it.
 
Forgot to mention another friend. He started driving on a Kia Spectra. It was an ok car, except he beat the crap out if it with everything he hauled in it. He brought his bike over to my house one day and taking it out he just slammed it on the paint and tail lights and when I tried to prevent the damage he's like "It doesn't matter".
So then one day he was on his way to my house. I was on my bike just riding around on the street infront of my house. I hear "ERRRRRRRRRRRRR" and look up the street in the direction of the noise, and here's a red Spectra 2 inches from the curb. I said "what the hell?" and he's like "I wasn't paying attention". Then leaving my house, he's at the top of the street and I'm on my bike next to him and I'm like "Rev it up and dump the clutch" thinking that he might do something stupid like that because he doesn't know any better but he's like "Dude, I do that all the time" He revs it up and lets the clutch out over a period of 15 seconds and peels out down the street. Then last year he managed to flip the Spectra into a ditch with his girlfriend in the car, and she got hurt.
I also have a friend with a '95 Probe GT and on the 2nd of my 2 drifting events he was there and there was some light snow on the grass and stuff at this ball field park that he's related to and he's like "Are you gonna go rallycross on the off-road course?" I look at him and I'm like "what off-road course?" He points to a small access road. I'm like "nah...". He's like "well you can ride with me on it." I'm like "Sure!'(thinking "hey what the hell"). So he starts heading onto the road and there's a grass patch on the side, well, he cuts across the snowy grass trying to drift(but his parking brake isn't tight enough, lol), over a small hill, and onto the road again. Then on the road there's a big muddy puddle, well he hit that. Then there's a sort of S curve and he went into that at like 20(it's very hard to make it through that fast) and he missed and we went between some trees and skidded to a stop and had to reverse out. Then he makes it out onto the gravel drifting parking lot and goes like 70 towards one of the 2 drifting spots and turns hard, slams on the brakes, and spins out. Ofcourse I was laughing my head off after a move like that.

I've done some stupid things too, but my driving is top notch otherwise. The stupid things include:
doing 80 towards a 50mph maximum curve, hitting the brakes, and having the back end swing out(but I corrected very well)
several dim moments in spacial judgement causing me to cut people off
doing 25 into a 6" deep puddle in the school parking lot after a hail/rain storm.
doing a flat out 30 through about 6" of water after heavy rain going through an underpass(but damn, my 323 can really plow through water. Trucks were stopped at that crossing but I had Wendy's with me and I wasn't going to sit there).
doing a 75mph rain burnout(1 wheel spinning, lmao) and riding it out.
Parking in my spot at school after snow had been packed in half of the spot and I backed up, started going up then the driver's side front started to spin so I nailed the gas, did a massive burnout(wore through both the painted line and parking lot sealant), and parked the car for the day with the passenger rear about 5" off the ground(looked like a Hummer dealership display or something, haha)

Luckily, no accidents, tickets, or pull overs. Or mechanical failures. :)
 
I'm easily the worst driver I know. I'm aggressive, I speed, I change lanes without signaling, I cut people off, and my goal in life is to get as far ahead of other cars as is possible. Yesterday I got passed by a Ford Explorer from Massachusetts - I passed him back, cut off a gardening truck, crossed a solid white line to cut off a public bus and made a right turn in front of it. This year, I've been cut off just twice - once by a yellow Mazda Protege5 and once by a white Ford Taurus rental car, who I promptly flashed my lights at and passed later. My good fortune monetarily allows me even more apathy since I'm able to buy faster cars and because speeding tickets don't phase me anymore. The only thing my wife hates about me is my driving, and today, on the highway driving to the Atlanta Braves game, I had to drop from 97mph to 65-70mph to avoid a ticket when the radar detector went off.

That pretty much sums it up! 👍
 
Its gotta be my friend. He came by my house and said we should go to St Georges shopping centre to watch some movies and stuff. i said lemme get my keys, he said i shouldnt bother because hes brougt his vectra, so i thought ok what the heck( he wants me to drive his vectra: thats what i thought), not knowing hes the one whos going to do the driving(mind you this is the first time in my life ive seen him driving). Everything starts off nicely, he balanced well, released the clutch smoothly and we were off. As we approach the Main road from our slip off road, he brakes then stalls to a halt. (im thinking we all make mistakes). He starts the engine again then overshoots the key. The car jerks forward in to the main road because the car is still in gear nearly causing a serious pile up. (i begin to get worried, and put my seat belt on). He corrects himself then turns left up a hill (Theres heavy traffic), he goes slowly up the hill cos of the traffic then stops. He aint good at balancing cos the car was always rolling back and when he went forward he did it with speed(damn i was worried). At the parking lot were some nice gals, and my m8 wants to impress them so he speeds into the lot turns 90 degrees into a space he thinks is available and hits a rubbish bin. The front skirts were bent and the right fog light was smashed.

Ages ago. i was on a bus sitting at the back. everything is goin on well , till the driver clamps down hard on the brakes, im thinking(WTF) the traffic light is about 20 metres infront and your already braking and its not like he was doing 287mph. Some old ladies infront start complaining cos they nearly fell. we pass the light then he does the same thing again this time the old ladies infront stumble, one fell down, i know i shouldnt laugh but it was quite funny, he does this thruout the whole journey as well as occasional jerks and stuff. But by that time every1 in the bus is already grabbing the long pole thingies hard, so that they wont fall down.

Thats about it.
 
The worst driver i saw was a geezer in a huge conversion van at wal-mart. They have fire hydrants with curbs and a frame around them, so nobody will drive into the hydrant. Well this old guy somehow backs onto it, when he did this the giant mudflaps went up under the wheels, and he couldn't figure out what was wrong so he floored it and the wheels caught the mudflaps (that were connected to his bumper and a wrap-around thing) and ripped the bumper half off the van. He drove away with crap dragging on the ground like nothing happend.
 
Freddie
What are the worst drivers you've encountered?

Since I'm still attending school and haven't got a drivers licecense (nor access to a car), I'm still riding the bus to school. Some time ago, we had a temporary driver for a single day. He obviously weren't used to driving a bus with manual gearshifting. To begin with, he misshifted several times, either knocking down revs or crunching the cogs. Also, he was lucky enough to experience hill-starting. Instead of doing what just about all drivers would do, he engaged 4th gear, revved up and dumped the clutch, obviously making the engine grind to a near halt. He did so several times attemting to get the bus moving (the engine doing <100rpm at one occasion, just to tell, it makes a weird noise at such low revs). Eventually he figured out that he should try 1st and got the bus moving. The rest of the trip went with the same flow as described above.:rolleyes:

So, any other stories.

:lol: Our new bus driver drove almost off the road. And he couldn't drive faster then 30-60km/h. When we tried to go off the bus he couldn't find the button that opens the doors. And of course we come late to the lesson beacuse of him. The teacher asked us where the hell we have been , we told him and he laughed almost his ass of. Not a good 1st day for him 👎
 
I was following this female driver along a residential road, she was indicating right. Suddenly she wanged on the brakes and came to a halt. I broke hard. Then out of the blue she turned left... the same way i wanted to go. I followed her at a distance, but she drove really slow along this road. Again, suddenly she starting breaking hard and indicated left (there was no left turning so i assumed she was stopping at the side). I had been following her a 10mph for about 5 mins so wasn't very happy, and moved to overtake her as she moved left. THEN she swung round to the right, directly infront of me, no more than a few metres away. She was turning around and hadn't even bothered to check to see me. Fortunately i stopped in time, but only just. She looked a me as she drove off and muttered an apology.

So i guess she was a bad driver, but i also shouldn't have tried overtaking.
 
overtaking is not a crime, but she should have indicated when she was turning. So i guess she was more in the wrong than you.
 
Here's some bits of bad driving:
Yesterday, a 3 way intersection(T if you will) with one stop sign, 2 lanes each way. I'm getting ready to make the turn onto the smaller road, there's people stopped on that road waiting to turn, then this lady coming the other way stops(where there's no stop). I waited, she got honked, still didn't move. Trying to be funny I threw my hands in the air like "What are you doing?!" and she took off.
Long time ago, Churches Chicken...the one we normally go to has a flag pole between the parking lot and the street on a very small bit of grass. This old twit in a Ford LTD wagon was backing out of his spot and hit the sucker, it broke the concrete and the flag pole tipped way over(like 45 degrees) the road, then the guy went forward and it tipped back and the guy didn't even notice.
A while back, we went to this now closed place to eat...I was with my dad and we called my mom and so my brother drove out with my mom to meet us. After the meal I decide to ride with my bro, and we leave first. We pull onto the road next to this geezer in a '96 or so Grand Marquios. The stop light we were at turns green, so my bro hits the gas, and this guy takes off like he's "Gotta go, now!" So in the '87 626 my bro floors it and we keep up. This guy is driving very agressive within his lane, like he's making every turn harder than it should be. We had to move behind him because we had to turn onto another road. This guy turns onto the same road, tires squealing. So my bro nails it around the corner and we catch back up to this guy, and we rode perfectly next to him. He starts speeding up and slowing down for no reason. There was another car in his lane going slower than he was, so he wants to move over. We block him out, and he starts to floor it to get ahead, so we stay with him, and he's looking like he's gonna bump us out of the way. Then we see my dad and mom catching us in my dad's RX-7, so we speed up. My dad is behind the guy, and starts to pass, this guy also starts to pass cutting my dad off, my dad lays on the horn, the guy moved back over and my dad floors it past him and swerves towards him just for the hell of it, this guy slams on the brakes coming to a halt, and both of our cars just take off.
Few months ago, my bro was working on his MX-6 in our garage so we made a sort of late night party out of it. He had some friends over and one of my friends who bought a 626 from my bro came over. So it was like 1AM and we were gonna end the night by going to Denny's. All but one of my bro's friends leaves, so my bro goes with one of his friends who has a Probe GT, and I ride with my friend. After doing some rather hilarious stop light races(190+hp '96 Probe GT(modded for speed not looks) vs. a pretty stock '89 626(110hp)) we make it there, everything is fine. On the way home my bro and his friend go a different way than normal, but we take the normal way. On the road that my street is off of, it goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes at an intersection. We're going the speed limit or close to it because we saw a cop. This guy in an Accord coupe comes flying up after a curve where the cop couldn't see, so he begins to pass us in the right lane(the lane that ends). My friend downshifts and nails the gas and he runs out of space so he moves behind us. We return to going 45(in a 35), and this guy is tailgating us. As we go around another curve he floors it then passes us in the opposite lane with people coming and then I guess just kept it floored because he going extremely fast. We got his plate number and my friend was gonna call him in but decided it wasn't worth it.
 
Freddie
What are the worst drivers you've encountered?

Since I'm still attending school and haven't got a drivers licecense (nor access to a car), I'm still riding the bus to school. Some time ago, we had a temporary driver for a single day. He obviously weren't used to driving a bus with manual gearshifting. To begin with, he misshifted several times, either knocking down revs or crunching the cogs. Also, he was lucky enough to experience hill-starting. Instead of doing what just about all drivers would do, he engaged 4th gear, revved up and dumped the clutch, obviously making the engine grind to a near halt. He did so several times attemting to get the bus moving (the engine doing <100rpm at one occasion, just to tell, it makes a weird noise at such low revs). Eventually he figured out that he should try 1st and got the bus moving. The rest of the trip went with the same flow as described above.:rolleyes:

So, any other stories.



You've obviously have never driven a manual transmission, or driven at all....
Manual is a lot harder than you may think...
 
BeN_SpeC2
You've obviously have never driven a manual transmission, or driven at all....
Manual is a lot harder than you may think...

On the contrary - manual is what I'm used to. Currently I'm learning in a '91 Nissan Primera 2.0LX (family car - petrol engine - five speed manual) and in a '04 Volvo S40 (school car - diesel engine - six speed manual). It's my only option anyway - knowing the ways of the clutch and stick is law here if you want a driver's license.

The driver of the bus on the other hand may not have driven a manually shifted bus for a while, but still - fourth gear hill start and not even attempting to shift down - please!
 
Freddie
What are the worst drivers you've encountered?

Since I'm still attending school and haven't got a drivers licecense (nor access to a car), I'm still riding the bus to school. Some time ago, we had a temporary driver for a single day. He obviously weren't used to driving a bus with manual gearshifting. To begin with, he misshifted several times, either knocking down revs or crunching the cogs. Also, he was lucky enough to experience hill-starting. Instead of doing what just about all drivers would do, he engaged 4th gear, revved up and dumped the clutch, obviously making the engine grind to a near halt. He did so several times attemting to get the bus moving (the engine doing <100rpm at one occasion, just to tell, it makes a weird noise at such low revs). Eventually he figured out that he should try 1st and got the bus moving. The rest of the trip went with the same flow as described above.:rolleyes:

So, any other stories.
I had a bus driver who could handle manual, but never put the clutch down enough. She always ground the gears.
 
I saw a sad accident yesterday. Well from what i gathered, a truck was speeding down behind a 3series(blue 330ci convert) along Hendon Way(A41) Which is a dual carriageway. They were approaching an intersection when the light went red, the 3 series accelerated to beat the light, the truck did the same. all of a sudden the 3 series slammed down on the brakes wen it realised it couldnt do the lites, unfortunately the truck driver wasnt as sharp and careered straight into the back of the nice beamer convert. The impact was so hard that the 3series went across the intersection and ended up 20feet into the other section of the dual carriageway across from where the impact occured, luckily there were no cars passin thru the intersection, therefore no pile up ensued.

Damn the back of the beamer was totalled, it was a mess, it looked like a new 3series hatch back. At first When i saw the accident all i saw where skidmarks leading to a truck, i thought it was a lone accident until i saw the beamer hatch.
 
Back