Tesla Model 3 Teased for Gran Turismo 7 in New Promo Video

• Thread starter Famine
  • 26 comments
While the videos had the cars running closely around the track, I found it odd that the Virtual Tesla (what appears to be a road car) with no mention or details what (if any) changes Super GT made to the setup, running against Yoshihara in his Time attack version.

Surely if the Tesla 3 was the standard model, it would have been well off the Time Attack car's time?

While the videos had the cars running closely around the track, I found it odd that the Virtual Tesla (what appears to be a road car) with no mention or details what (if any) changes Super GT made to the setup, running against Yoshihara in his Time attack version.

Surely if the Tesla 3 was the standard model, it would have been well off the Time Attack car's time?
Not odd at all. Steve didn’t want to say what he did to it (hence no visual tuning) because then we’d know now what to expect from tuning a Tesla. Given the silence on game details this makes sense.

But then again, how hyped wouldn’t we get if we saw a winged widebody Tesla? It’d instantly make it onto my must-buy list. Right now I have no plans to buy it.

I honestly cannot wait to see a Tesla Model 3 in GT7! Would be great if they add the base Performance model and then give the option for this Artisan Spirits wide body kit without the huge wings. Can finally recreate my own car then in a GT game for the first time ever. 😁 Though mine isn't widebody but I do have that same Artisan Spirits kit. Though I do expect we'll get this race modified version at least since it actually gets sponsored by GT.

Just more Tesla's in general would be a great thing too since if you think of EV's, of course Tesla is the biggest one out there. Only having that 1st gen Model S in the game is starting to feel a little bit old. Don't know why they can't add back the Roadster that used to be in GT as well. But we definitely need the Model 3 as it's a very popular track car. Model S Plaid and hopefully soon the new Roadster would be awesome too.

I honestly cannot wait to see a Tesla Model 3 in GT7! Would be great if they add the base Performance model and then give the option for this Artisan Spirits wide body kit without the huge wings. Can finally recreate my own car then in a GT game for the first time ever. 😁 Though mine isn't widebody but I do have that same Artisan Spirits kit. Though I do expect we'll get this race modified version at least since it actually gets sponsored by GT.

Just more Tesla's in general would be a great thing too since if you think of EV's, of course Tesla is the biggest one out there. Only having that 1st gen Model S in the game is starting to feel a little bit old. Don't know why they can't add back the Roadster that used to be in GT as well. But we definitely need the Model 3 as it's a very popular track car. Model S Plaid and hopefully soon the new Roadster would be awesome too.
I agree. Hopefully we start to see more Tesla content in GT and racing games in general. I'm a little surprised they're not more prevalent given how popular they are in the real world. I'd also be interested in seeing a photo of yours, btw :)

Hopefully we end up with a standard Model 3 as well. I feel like I'm one of few people who really enjoys driving EVs in racing games.
Me too actually! I really like the Rimac Concept Two in Forza Horizon 5 and I’m looking forward to the Jaguar I-PACE eTrophy in GRID Legends. I actually was surprised in FH5 how the handful of EV’s in the game feel, drive and sound quite different. Looking forward to EV’s in GT7 for sure as well and I’m sure the team at PD has some EV events baked into career mode. 👍

Not sure I saw any ' seeming confirmation' of a race-spec Tesla Model 3... :odd:

This all seems a bit click-baity.

Not sure I saw any ' seeming confirmation' of a race-spec Tesla Model 3... :odd:

This all seems a bit click-baity.
Define "race spec" because race spec is simply a car spec'd to race. It can still be a road car, but with higher performance brakes, tyres, a roll cage, tuned egine etc. Also the entire video is comparing one Tesla of unkown spec in game to a very "race spec" Model 3. We also had the words appear that the model 3 would appear in a future update. So it's certainly interseteting, and even if that model 3 from the video doesn't make it into the game, we can "race spec" pretty much anything in Gran Turismo. Even the model S has a widebody option.

I wonder if we will be able to tune to the racer shown in the video. That would be pretty neat. Always hyped to see new cars being added regardless of what they are!

With all the racing parts we have to put on this, maybe we can actually make it look not hideous!

Now I've heard some say that the reason why Teslas aren't in most video games anymore is because racing games are ads for the cars featured in the game in a way, and Tesla doesn't do ads. But a Tesla has been featured in official GT7 promo (in 2022), after Teslas began disappearing from video games around 2017-18/9 (Don't recall any video games made in '17, '18' or '19 having Teslas asides from GT). So I guess that explanation about the absence of Tesla from games isn't all that true. Maybe Tesla is just difficult to negotiate with?

Or GT has an exclusivity deal? And even if they did, PD has a history of not using their exclusivity deals to the fullest cough Pikes Peak cough

Now I've heard some say that the reason why Teslas aren't in most video games anymore is because racing games are ads for the cars featured in the game in a way, and Tesla doesn't do ads. But a Tesla has been featured in official GT7 promo (in 2022), after Teslas began disappearing from video games around 2017-18/9 (Don't recall any video games made in '17, '18' or '19 having Teslas asides from GT). So I guess that explanation about the absence of Tesla from games isn't all that true. Maybe Tesla is just difficult to negotiate with?

Or GT has an exclusivity deal? And even if they did, PD has a history of not using their exclusivity deals to the fullest cough Pikes Peak cough
I haven’t seen Teslas in other games than GT

That track looks wayyy to smooth. Break the immersion
It's a shame that in the real life footage you can see the different colours of tarmac, the skidmarks, the cracks and potholes in the surface, the damage to the kerbs. Almost none of that seems to be represented in the game, the track looks like it was freshly resurfaced. Maybe that's intentional, but it takes away a lot of the character of the track.

The game is nice looking, but seems almost sanitised.

Not difficult, Tesla do not believe in wasting money on advertising, by passing the cost to the customer
Hard to argue against the success of this philosophy

Back