Tesla roadster: undefeatable traction control?

• Thread starter red7
  • 12 comments
Merry christmas everyone.:) It seems as though there is a certain level of tc which cannot be turned off, even with tc set to 0 in driving options. At mid-range rpm tires will spin easily, however the problem seems to be at 0rpm. This is where this car's electric motor produces it's most torque but when I get on the throttle the tesla just pulls away with no drama. Also doing a donut, the rear will break lose and swing around once then the power cuts and rpms drop off. I believe 0-60 times of around 4sec. are capable in the real car; in gt I maybe can pull a high 5/low6? Something seems held back, this car should be a monster at low revs.:dunce:

Note: using 08 tesla from arcade mode time-trial.

I'm guessing you have ASM on, because traction control can definitely be turned totally off (went three laps on the 'ring just earlier today).

Well I'm thinking that maybe in the real car there is an undefeatable TCS, but PD would never do that, because the R35 can't have it's TC off but in GT5 you can, same with so many other cars. Also, Electric cars have a near flat torque curve.

ASM as well as all others completely off for sure. AC motor produces max torque from 0rpm though(nearly 300ft./lbs). It just pulls away lazily like power has been cut-off until at least 5000rpm which is strange. It doesn't accelerate at all like it should, it's way off.:confused:

I have noticed in previous GT games 0-60 in game usually bore no resemblance to the cars real life performance. Is GT5 suffering from the same problem?

Having said that, I rather like the Tesla... ought to give it more of a workout.

Well I'm thinking that maybe in the real car there is an undefeatable TCS, but PD would never do that, because the R35 can't have it's TC off but in GT5 you can, same with so many other cars. Also, Electric cars have a near flat torque curve.

You can actually, but its not recommend and your warranty is not valid if the car logs that a failure occured during VDC off completely.

The car is crap and no one cares about it, including PD :) Buy an Elise instead :D
I've seen Elon Musk's (CEO of Tesla) roadsters quite a bit in LA. Agree, get an Elise instead. Now the Model S on the other hand... That one is looking very nice.

The car is crap and no one cares about it, including PD :) Buy an Elise instead :D

Pretty much this. I snagged one for the novelty of it and that's all it amounted to. It's strange to drive a car with no engine noise and the torque curve is straight and all, but it's not a very compelling car for racing purposes. I'd still love to get my hands on one in the real world, but I don't see me driving it all that often in GT5.

"The car is crap and no one cares about it, including PD Buy an Elise instead"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For someone who has stigy written all over their moniker. you are not very well informed. As that very crap car blew the doors off the "Elise" on top gear and that was an older model that wasn't as reliable as thew current ones

Back