Test Course 90's

• Thread starter karelpipa
  • 20 comments
Czech Republic
Prague
karelpipa

Not overly long like SSRX, just 1 km straights are more than enough to have very nice slipstream battles.

World Record by me :))

18.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Download for GT6 here (little longer, less banking, but the best i could do):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/test-course-90s.1920/

Last edited:
Test course from Gran turismo 2? Cool, like a stretched-out oval!
Test course from Gran turismo 4? I guess some cars need some more space to develop their speed...
Test course from Gran turismo 5/6? Oh, c'mon, **** off!

The GT2 test course could actually be a pretty good racetrack now, not so much for top speed slipstream races, but more akin to what NASCAR race on.

KEEP THE TREES!

That video needs a language warning... :rolleyes:

Would love either of the old test courses to come back though, Route X is just pointlessly long in my opinion. Plus we don't even have the speed test functions yet, which the test courses always had without having to pay anything for!

You mean that video vanishing boy?

Apologies for strong language. As a not natural born englishman i don't feel any english word as bad as few naturals. The music just adds the atmosphere pretty nicely.
I dont understand nearly all of the words in that song :) )

Last edited:
^ No offence taken. 👍

-> I'm just trying to show everyone that DPTC '90s was in GT3, although it was an incomplete build. :)

IMO this one is better than what did GT3/4 or GT5/6 have. Imagine the recation of the test course with all those trees? :drool:

I'm suprised i didnt come up with this to be honest. I loved 90's Test course but 20 Laps Like the wind on test course on GT3 bored the face off my skull. I always tried to find someone else to do it for me.

Mega Speed cup! Slipstream battles were awesome just trying to wrench as much speed as possible before the corner.

Also Route 7 could be used for MegaSpeed Championship.
I agree, that 20 laps with cars too different can be a real bore. I didnt finish GT3 because i was so bored. I finished GT4 only because you could do 24h as a Bspec :D
They need to sort out the opponents to be much closer in real lap times on tracks to have a nice, close and fresh 20 laps of racing. But thats hard.

Link repaired!

In the first post of this thread, or as a signature at each my post.

Please rate my courses and discuss.

I feel like any iteration of the Test Course is rendered entirely redundant by Special Stage Route X.

Surprised no one here mentioned it, but there exists a reverse layout hidden in GT2. GTP's own Xenn made a video on it a decade ago

The track is mostly functional albeit with no pit lane, unfinished replay cameras and broken AI.

Last edited:
I feel like any iteration of the Test Course is rendered entirely redundant by Special Stage Route X.
This, unfortunately. It is a problem given that SSRX is too long, Northern Isle is too short and there are two other ovals already.

Back