Test drive new cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stigscousin
  • 15 comments
  • 1,254 views
Messages
34
Australia
Australia
Messages
michael3996
I think this is something that needs to be added to GT6. When you're buying an expensive car, especially a race car or 1 million Cr+ supercar, it's important to know how it drives. You don't want to spend 2 million credits on a car with good stats only to find out it doesn't work. As long as you have enough money to buy it you should be allowed to test drive a car with your choice of track, time, tyres and weather.
 
How about if they force on full damage and if you break it you buy it ;)
 
Here's my suggestion, save your game to a flash drive, then buy the car and test it with the tune you want....if it is not your "cup of tea", then just reload your save from the flash drive and all is as it was or repeat this until you find the car you want.....have done this several times myself.
 
How about if they force on full damage and if you break it you buy it ;)


You know, I was going to say the EXACT same thing. Word for word. ****.

I just thought its a silly idea :P
 
How about if they force on full damage and if you break it you buy it ;)

and buy it a a fraction of the price... i'd totally wreck a 2j and send it to GT auto to restore it.
 
and buy it a a fraction of the price... i'd totally wreck a 2j and send it to GT auto to restore it.

Nah gotta be full price + still need to repair it ;)
 
I want the Demo option from GT5 back. That way I don't have to spend credits on a car without knowing if it will sound correct or not. I've seen a couple of videos from a Japanese channel and somehow he activates the Demo in the dealership, but I have no idea how he does that.
 
Insurance excess and the option to buy the wreck to repair at GT auto seems fair, as long as the end cost is full price or higher. If it was cheaper you'd have people wrecking every car they buy.
 
I want the Demo option from GT5 back. That way I don't have to spend credits on a car without knowing if it will sound correct or not. I've seen a couple of videos from a Japanese channel and somehow he activates the Demo in the dealership, but I have no idea how he does that.
It's GT. Chances are it doesn't sound correct, I would think people have realized this by now?

Only crazy simulators are even close to "correct" sounds. Forza and GT? Not likely.
 
It's GT. Chances are it doesn't sound correct, I would think people have realized this by now?

Only crazy simulators are even close to "correct" sounds. Forza and GT? Not likely.

You don't know what I'm talking about obviously. I won't enter into details, because it's the same run around all the time and I'm quite frankly tired of repeating myself ever since I came to this forum four years ago.
 
I think this is something that needs to be added to GT6. When you're buying an expensive car, especially a race car or 1 million Cr+ supercar, it's important to know how it drives. You don't want to spend 2 million credits on a car with good stats only to find out it doesn't work. As long as you have enough money to buy it you should be allowed to test drive a car with your choice of track, time, tyres and weather.
Do what pudgiecat said in his post I do that as well and you can do it as many times as you like till you find that right car.
 
I'd say take the it easy and try not to care the credit too much. Isn't it all too many cars and credit after some time as we play through all these GT's? I even have to spend some effort to 'clean up' the garage from time to time, in order to shorten the search time when I need to pick a certain car. The feel of lacking is just a short period at the beginning.

What/how we interact with the cars and tracks is the key.
 
You don't know what I'm talking about obviously. I won't enter into details, because it's the same run around all the time and I'm quite frankly tired of repeating myself ever since I came to this forum four years ago.
I apologize then :) Guess I never got to see you talk about it, shame seeing how I've been around for quite the while myself.
 
Here's my suggestion, save your game to a flash drive, then buy the car and test it with the tune you want....if it is not your "cup of tea", then just reload your save from the flash drive and all is as it was or repeat this until you find the car you want.....have done this several times myself.

I didn't know you could do that. I've got all the cars I need now anyway, so I'm just buying what I want but couldn't have before
 
Here's my suggestion, save your game to a flash drive, then buy the car and test it with the tune you want....if it is not your "cup of tea", then just reload your save from the flash drive and all is as it was or repeat this until you find the car you want.....have done this several times myself.

An even better way would be to allow us to disable autosave.
 
Back