Test Drive; Shelby Cobra

• Thread starter sUn
  • 6 comments

sUn

(Banned)
I was walking around at the dealership when on the corner of my eye I saw something. I turned to face it and to my shock. I realized I was staring into the eyes of a 1967 Shelby Cobra. I decided that this was what I need in my collection, I decided I wanted that exact one there, so the salesman and I decided that it would be delivered to my doorstep in a week. A week later a large white delivery truck approached my car collection garage. After about an hour, the car was unloaded from the delivery truck, and the truck was leaving. I was in awe with my brand new Cobra. In my collection I had Corvette’s, Viper’s, Mustangs, but nothing like this. I decided to try out the 427 engine with the 4speed manual. As I inserted the key and started the engine, it roared like a muscular beast. I started revving it and then decided to run it. As I slowly let go of the clutch, I could feel the power reaching the rear wheels. Then luckily I found an empty road to test out the power. I was able to hit an astounding 39mph in first gear alone. After I stepped on the pedal I hit a total of 60mph in only over 4 seconds. As I went for the full quarter mile the cars speedometer was climbing fast. I did the quarter mile in just over 12@120mph. I parked it in my garage, never looking at my Corvette. I knew I was the proud owner of the king of muscle cars.

Comments please.

136mph tops, and spins out all the time even with TCS. Nah.. I don't like hunks of junks.
Take the Panoz for another 1.5 million.

But nice story though.

Now wheres the racing?

Darin
136mph tops, and spins out all the time even with TCS. Nah.. I don't like hunks of junks.
Take the Panoz for another 1.5 million.

But nice story though.

Now wheres the racing?
The Cobra's awesome!! It's good enough to whup the PD Cup crowd, you just need to have good throttle control. What control do you use Darin? Button, Wheel, or the Joysticks?

Jetboys427
The Cobra's awesome!! It's good enough to whup the PD Cup crowd, you just need to have good throttle control. What control do you use Darin? Button, Wheel, or the Joysticks?

Driving Force Pro Wheel. All my cars have no TCS and ASM.

I use the Analog Joysticks, which lets me play with the throttle a bit more. I as well hate the intrusive electro-gadgetry. The only vehicles that have these systems are.....my Speed 12, and a few cars I haven't driven yet.

Latest Posts

Back