Test Drive Unlimited 3 Solar Crown - Location "Kingdom of Bahrain"

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Dear GTplanet,
A few days ago a small youtube channel "Purplepetrol13" a long time follower of the GTPlanet group featured some pretty compelling evidence that the next Test Drive Unlimited 3 Solar Crown might be located on the island in the country the "Kingdom of Bahrain" a small island near the coasts of "Saudi Arabia" and the "United Arab Emirates". I will list the following clues bellow:

First Hint: Interior of "McLaren P1", featuring "Bahrain International Circuit" on centre screen (I've looked Nacon doesn't have any games featuring the "McLaren P1" but it would suit a test drive game) Twitter Link
Revolution Unlimited Pro Controller by Nacon.jpg

Bahrain International Circuit
Kingdom of Bahrain International Circuit.jpeg

Second Hint: Bahrain International Circuit is located on an island called "Kingdom of Bahrain" (Test Drive announced the island would be at a 1 to 1 scale and similar in size to other Hawaiian Islands)
Kingdom of Bahrain Map.png

Third Hint: After discovering the island, comparisons were made between existing buildings and enhanced photos from Nacons Test Drive Live Stream and Trailers
Building Enhanced Trailer.png

The buildings seen in the trailers looked very similar to Bahrain's Financial Harbour Buildings and would look very similar if viewed from an upper level garage in the Villamar Towers.
Bahrain Vilamar Towers.png

Forth Hint: United Arab Emirates is known for it's Expensive lifestyle with exotic cars; some even manufactured in the country like the examples bellow

Devel Sixteen
Devel Sixteen 2013.jpg
WMotors Lykan Hypersport
W Motors Lykan Hypersport.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully its wrong. Look as dull as the Bahrain circuit itself. Would be a pretty controversial choice as well politically.

Need to add "rumour" to the title.

I can't see it personally, most of the island is empty desert. That McLaren P1 GTR interior is a stock photo by McLaren

0_mclaren_p1_gtr_test_02.jpg

Looks pretty boring far to much sand and no shorts for the lady's avatars I guess if there even allowed behind a wheel over there

Ignoring the political issues of basically every middle eastern country that isn’t Israel, Bahrain just doesn’t look fun to drive in. It’s basically a flat featureless desert with a city along the coast. The driving would just be ‘pedal to the metal on a flat arrow-straight motorway until you get to the other end of the island’. What’s fun about that? It needs to be somewhere with mountains so we can have good driving roads.

The " Kingdom of Bahrain " in the 90's was the only place to get a drink safely.Lovely people with a fondness for automatic weapons.
Should make for a open world experience.

I don't buy that it's Bahrain...at least not yet. It would be a flat and pretty featureless map and smaller than TDU1. It does seem like they have just lifted a stock photo from Mclaren that already had Bahrain on the nav screen so I don't think that means anything. Further, it's not just a coincidence that Bahrain would be on the P1 GTR's sat nav screen as Mclaren has a partnership with Bahrain. The tower, if it even is a tower, could be anywhere.

Last edited:
Back