Test Drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter househead
  • 7 comments
  • 861 views
Messages
12
Messages
markbrier
Don't you just wish GT had a test-drive function, at least for the new Premiums ... there's nowt like buying a crap car only to be able to sell it for pittance! They could restrict it to say a single one-make race or 5min time trial per car, per game(or real) day.

It would also extend the life of the game. I could easily spend a day just test-driving different cars before making a purchasing decision.

Luckily some of the cars are in arcade mode and can be tried that way however that is also a bit limited compared to the 1000+ cars in the game.

Thoughts?
 
to make it worse the game saves after you buy

i don't care if i pay 50cr to test drive
 
When I first saw the Demo button for every car, I thought "finally, a try-before-buy option!". After all, it's only natural that you test drive the car before you buy it in real life. I remember V-Rally 2 had this.
 
I wish there was one. Some cars are just hard to control even tuned, and you have no idea until after you waste your money on it.
 
I remember V-Rally 2 had this.

i bearly remember that game, all i remember was i spend countless hours on it and that i loved the intro. It was Painful by oomph
 
I've thought about this as well. I normally test drive a car before I buy it so I'd like to do the same in the game. Fortunately, you are able to "Test drive/race" a few different cars in Arcade mode.
 
to make it worse the game saves after you buy

i don't care if i pay 50cr to test drive

Yea that would be a good idea, charge for a test-drive, although in real life, if they think you're gonna buy then the test drive is free!

StarEye
When I first saw the Demo button for every car, I thought "finally, a try-before-buy option!". After all, it's only natural that you test drive the car before you buy it in real life. I remember V-Rally 2 had this.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought 'demo' was too.

I just can't believe how PD have a) not thought of it OR b) decided against it.
 
Forza has something similar, in that all the cars are unlocked in arcade, and I *really* enjoyed this. Saved me a few million credits several times.

As it stands now, I really worry about spending a lot of money on a single car.
 
Back