Test Drives Graphics better than GT3!!!!!!

Gran Turismo7058

(Banned)
Test Drives Graphics may be better than GT3 I don't know!!!This may effect GT3 sales if Test Drive does have better graphics!!!Well the car detail on Test Drive looks kinda better and there is a longer wait list!!I GOT THE LAST ONE AT COMP-USA!!!!!!!!!!But I really hope this put some compition to GT3 sales!!!!A long wait for GT3 last year!!!A long wait to Test Drive this year!

Well, Test Drive is a more "Arcade-ish" game, from what I gather, so, it's sort of a Ridge Racer to Gran Turismo comparison.

I haven't liked any of the Test Drives up 'till now, but this one at least looks decent.

I think I'm gonna pick it up for the X-box though, 'cause aside from Rallisport Challenge, there isn't much in the way of Racing games. (Oh, right - Project Gotham...) <shrug>

I agree - I think it may actually look better than GT3 though, it just won't have the same depth to it.

I'm getting Test Drive off of eBay, and while the graphics are very good, they're not as good as in GT3.

Ooops.... I mentioned X-box and the thread got deposited into the X-box forum.

lol

Sorry, that certainly wasn't my intention. It's coming out for both the PS2 and the Xbox (actually, it's out for the PS2 already) but the X-box just looks better.

There is no way that Test Drive would affect GT3's sales, because they are two completely different games.

Test Drives' main competition will be Need 4 Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

Originally posted by Mustang man
There is no way that Test Drive would affect GT3's sales, because they are two completely different games.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Mustang man

yeh i am looking forward to this also....i quite like gotham racing, quite like the idea of kudos, it seems to work.....

anyone got wreckless? not sure whether to get it or not?

Originally posted by HUDSONJONES

I would have to suggest "not". It's a pure "gimmick" game. And the gimmick of being able to wreck almost anything around wears out pretty fast.

There was one thing that really irked me in the game. Virtually anything in the game that you hit will go flying - ie - road signs and the like, except for street lamps - for some reason, you drive right through 'em.

The game is a renter at best. (imho). I rented it for a weekend, played it for a couple of hours and didn't pick it up again.

yeh i am looking forward to this also....i quite like gotham racing, quite like the idea of kudos, it seems to work.....

Rent wreckless. It's got the best graphics you'll see in any game, but it doesn't have too much replay value. Having said that, you still need to play it, it's really good while it lasts. :D
(Got to love the Armored Personel carrier. ;) )

I would suggest Moto GP if it's available, that game is excellent IMO.

cheers boys, i guess i will rent that one then........as for moto gp, got it on ps2(not sure they are made by the same people though)
and i think the ps2 version is better?

cheers boys, i guess i will rent that one then........as for moto gp, got it on ps2(not sure they are made by the same people though)
and i think the ps2 version is better?

No, different games, by different companies. The Ps2 game is really good, but the Xbox is excellent. And it's multiplayer is top notch too. (But I'm speaking mostly about the Single player.)

Well Ive played both systems a few different games on both and I think PS2 plays better as far as control goes, and game theme. I do think SOME and some means 2 or 3 games have better graphics, but game play is no where near that of PS2. The only game I was amazed with on Xbox in all aspects was halo, that is an awsome game.

Back