Tetsu's Gran Turismo 3 100% Challenge (52.2% Complete)

United States
Houston, TX
The_TetsuKobura
gt3.png
So, I'm once again in the mood for another GT3 playthrough. I had a playthrough going for a while that I was live streaming, but unfortunately I no longer have the internet speed required to stream, and the PC with all my data and information bricked, so I'm starting fresh with a new save. This time, though, I thought it would be fun to add a couple of challenges to the playthrough to make it a bit more interesting and, hopefully, challenging. Here are the rules I came up with:

1. Each portion of the game will be separated into a group. The groups are:
  • Arcade Mode
  • License Tests
  • Beginner League
  • Intermediate League
  • Professional League
  • Rally Races
  • Endurance League

2. You may choose whatever group you want to complete, but you must fully complete that group from start to finish AND left to right.

3. You may only buy cars from the dealership if you absolutely need them to continue through the group you're on.

4. You are not allowed to sell cars unless you absolutely have to in order to purchase a car for a certain event.

5. You may tune up cars whenever.

6. You are not allowed to skip any races in a championship.

7. Whatever prize you get from the events is what you stick with.

8. If there is an event in which a 1st place trophy is not present, you must acquire that trophy the first instance you get after a championship before moving on.

I will try to provide updates to my progress as time goes on. I'm excited for another journey through my favorite game of all time!

----------------PROGRESS-----------------

amateur league complete.png

1/28/2021: Arcade Mode complete. Did the Time Trials first, and used the Esperante GTR-1 for the Single Race tracks. Couple of tough ones, but managed to win all of them first try. The C-West RAZO Silvia helped with a few of the ones I didn't think I could win with the Esperante. Next Update will be when all of the License Tests are Gold.

1/29/2021: License Tests all complete. I was quite surprised at how little time it took for certain tests, such as all the circle tests, the Skyline IA-7 test, R-5, and R-7. They gave me quite a bit of grief in my old playthrough I had going. IB-6 still sucks, and R-6 is, well, R-6. Next Update will be when all of the Rally Events are complete. I'm doing those before Beginner League so I can get an FF car without buying one.

1/30/2021: Rally events all complete. It is so much fun throwing a tuned up rally car around Smokey Mountain and Swiss Alps. Next update will be when all the Beginner League rounds are complete. Doing these now, because I will have to buy an MR car, upgrade a car I win later, and purchase a Mercedes and Altezza.

1/31/2021: Beginner League complete. Now onto the Amateur League, where it should be a lot easier to maintain having funds for upgrades.

2/5/2021: Amateur League complete. A couple of pretty nasty rubberbanding AI races, but nothing too difficult. Hitting 75% after Dream Car Champiopnship was nice because now I can use the 787B in the endurance races instead of the RX7 LM Race Car, Corvette C5R or Esperante GTR-1. Next update will be halfway through the Endurance League.

Attachments

• beginner league complete.png
    beginner league complete.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back