Tgt-2 firmware update ps5

• Thread starter MIKEDRIFT
  • 10 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Hi all , just got the tgt-2 servo and sf1000 wheel iam trying to update firmware in the thrustmaster website but the only driver updates only have the PC icon on them ? What do I do it's driver me up the wall .

You have to use a windows pc to update firmware...
And no, it's not just Thrustmaster: Logitech, Fanatec and so on also do the firmware updates this way.

There's no need to update the wheel firmware on console.

Oh for real? Not much info on this online aye everything I've seen people are updating it.
People do, but it's a placebo; you can update the wheel firmware but - as you've discovered - it's only for PC. There's no need, and no way, to do it on console.

Any updates to software drivers are purely for PC use. On console the individual games have to be updated by the devs if needed, there's not really any general drivers in the Sony software.

However the TGT wheels do have updatable firmware and it's effects do transfer onto console use. I think a recent one updated how it recognises and how you switch between the various pedal sets you can attach. This firmware is the same for PC and console so you'd probably just see the one PC version available.

I'm not sure but I think the pedals and some of the wheels may also have updatable firmware too. It gets complicated! 🙂

You do have to update via PC of course.

Awesome thanks for that 👍 yeah I've got the PC there to do it I was just worried if I put the PC update on it wouldn't work on the console.

However the TGT wheels do have updatable firmware and it's effects do transfer onto console use. I think a recent one updated how it recognises and how you switch between the various pedal sets you can attach. This firmware is the same for PC and console so you'd probably just see the one PC version available.
That update added the "t-lcm mode" to the firmware: it changes the used resolution with these pedals from 12bit (4096 possible values) to 16bit (~65k possible values) when used with the rj12 cable like on consoles

That update added the "t-lcm mode" to the firmware: it changes the used resolution with these pedals from 12bit (4096 possible values) to 16bit (~65k possible values) when used with the rj12 cable like on consoles
OK thanks for that I'll install the update.

Back