TGT2 smell

• Thread starter Mateusz90
  • 1 comments
Poland
Poland
Hello TGT/TGT2 users,

Could you please verify if your base also smells like plastic from the inside? I don't know exactly how to describe this smell... It's like an intense plastic odor. It doesn't matter if the base is connected, disconnected, turned on, or off – the smell is always the same. When the fan turns on, this plastic stench spreads throughout the whole room, and after a longer gaming session, I start getting headaches and have difficulty breathing. Recently, my partner entered the room and was terrified by the strong smell of plastic.
At first, I thought it might be the smell of a new device, but it's been three months of intense use, and the smell hasn't gone away.
The base was already sent for warranty repair due to a different issue. I mentioned to Thrustmaster that there's this smell coming from the base, but apparently, they didn't take it seriously and only fixed the mechanical problem before returning the base.
Could someone please check their base to see if it has the same smell? Will it go away?

Nope, never did, still doesn't. The only thing on it that has a scent of some kind is the leather on the rim. For the record, a T-GT II bought in February 2022.

Back