TH8 Short Shaft Shift Knob Kits by Seth Francis Sim Racing

Got my kit and right from moment I had package in hand could tell this is something special..looks great, balanced weight and now its not like I am shifting gears in a semi. Everyone needs this...thanks bro

I've had my black short shift kit for about a week now. It really is fantastic. I never thought I'd find another shifter I liked better then my SST lightening, but the SST finally quit. After buying the TH8A, I was slightly disappointed with long throw. Now with the short shift kit, it's absolutely perfect. Thanks Seth, I love it!

I've had my black short shift kit for about a week now. It really is fantastic. I never thought I'd find another shifter I liked better then my SST lightening, but the SST finally quit. After buying the TH8A, I was slightly disappointed with long throw. Now with the short shift kit, it's absolutely perfect. Thanks Seth, I love it!

You are very welcome :) I am glad that you are happy with the kit! I had actually stopped selling the black kits for a while because I wasn't happy with the build (the shaft would rotate within the knob if enough twisting force was applied). Recently I changed the shaft-to-knob mounting method a little bit to add strength, which worked very well. It now takes more force than would ever normally be applied to rotate the shaft within the knob. This was the first black kit I sold since that improvement so I'm glad it works as well for you as it did for me in testing.

If anyone else is interested in a black APC kit (shown in O.P.) just message me here or by email (scaudi7187@gmail.com). I have to contact the vendor I buy these knobs from and see what the cost will be right now, but I should still be able to get these kits assembled and shipped for the same $50 price as the silver kits. The black kits were initially $5 less than silver kits however the new design requires additional hardware and a little bit extra assembly time. I will edit the O.P. to reflect this update.

The th8a is still on sale everywhere (brand new & 2nd hand)

The short shift mod (and loads of other mods for that matter) can all be found on Ebay.

The th8a is still on sale everywhere (brand new & 2nd hand)

The short shift mod (and loads of other mods for that matter) can all be found on Ebay.
Thanks for replying but I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I have the ThrustmasterTH8a shifter. I would like to buy Seth's Hurst short shifter. I have run Ebay dry and it's not on there. I want the exact one that Seth had been promoting. If you see it on Ebay please forward the listing to me at sssd90@earthlink.net. Thank you.

He's not been seen on here since 2018 so probably worth forgetting when it comes to a short shift mod for your TH8A.

If I were you I'd pick one of the many available short shift mods that are out there to buy today and go with that.

Last edited:
He's not been seen on here since 2018 so probably worth forgetting when it comes to a short shift mod for your TH8A.

If I were you I'd pick one of the many available short shift mods that are out there to buy today and go with that.
Well, that sure answers the question how do I get on of Seth's version. I have parts coming from Ricmotech tomorrow to modify my shifter with their 3 mods and I have a short shaft coming from Ebay, but Seth's sure looked nice. Thank you for the new news on Seth so I will quit looking for his. David

Hi, all you need is a screwdriver and a ironsaw. Its done in less than 10min, at the lenght you want it.
I wanted the Hurst ball. I looked in Ebay and did not see that particular one. I will look again. I have a 75 mm shaft coming tomorrow. David

Latest Posts

Back