TH8A Sequential Mode Button is broken

• Thread starter BlueGekko
  • 6 comments
Romania
Romania
Hello,

It seems like the little rubber button that selects the sequential mode (when the seq plate is attached) is not working anymore for me. It looks like the rubber has went inside and there is nothing to press, so the sequential mode can't be selected.

Has this happened before? Can I just unsolder and relace that small button with an aftermarket one? Are there any tech specs for this kind of button?

I can add images of the damage, if needed.

Thanks

Hello,

It seems like the little rubber button that selects the sequential mode (when the seq plate is attached) is not working anymore for me. It looks like the rubber has went inside and there is nothing to press, so the sequential mode can't be selected.

Has this happened before? Can I just unsolder and relace that small button with an aftermarket one? Are there any tech specs for this kind of button?

I can add images of the damage, if needed.

Thanks

Is it still under warranty? You could contact TM for the specific part. They have a department that you can contact, but cant find the email adres anymore. I had cracked the wheelcover (own fault) and they sent a new one quite quickly and guaranteed removing the cover wouldnt void my warranty.

I've already contacted TM, but unfortunately I've bought my shifter second hand and the previous owner didn't have the original invoice anymore. Without that invoice, TM can't help me with any technical assistance.

I've already contacted TM, but unfortunately I've bought my shifter second hand and the previous owner didn't have the original invoice anymore. Without that invoice, TM can't help me with any technical assistance.

You can send a picture of the part and serial number and you can ask to purchase it from them. It isnt in warranty, but they should be able to help. Try to ask if you can order a specific part.

I've done exactly as you mentioned: sent TM pictures of the part, the serial no of the shifter and I insisted I buy the part from them - unfortunately this specific part they don't sell as a spare :(

I'll try and use an aftermarket microswitch to replace the original one - it's actually a very cheap part and not that difficult to solder on.
Worst case scenario it will continue to not work :))

I've done exactly as you mentioned: sent TM pictures of the part, the serial no of the shifter and I insisted I buy the part from them - unfortunately this specific part they don't sell as a spare :(

I'll try and use an aftermarket microswitch to replace the original one - it's actually a very cheap part and not that difficult to solder on.

Sorry I couldnt help any further. I was sure that TM does ship specific parts for its products.

Four years later.. ;) did you, or someone else, manage to acquire this part?

Back