Th8a vs DS4

Netherlands
Netherlands
After the 1.36 update manual shifting with my TH8A has become a pain. Shifting must be done slower then before (it was pretty good before).
I know that there was an issue that you'd be faster shifting gears with a TH8A (or compareable gear), but wouldn't it be better to shorten the shifting times when using a DS4?
Or am I wrong?

I do not have a shifter, but was sad to read this in the update notes. I felt the advantage was a fair one, perhps not the glitches or hacks you could aparently do to gain even more of an advantage, but it is a skill just like real life to be able to shift faster than the next guy. I dont even mind that much that i am at a disadvantage on paddles for h gate cars. It sounds like they messed it up big time. Hell i can even shift my real life car without the clutch if i do it right, without any grinding...

My shifter became useless with that update... That's dumb how you have to shift even slower than normal IRL driving. And what's up with that grinding sound? Some cars comes with a ''pause'' between shifts from the factory, to protect itself. Why don't they add that instead?

They just need to disable shifters in Sport mode. It's so simple yet they decide to screw the people who want authenticity over.
Screwing over the shifter users for the whole game is just plain wrong imo, but I think a better fix would be to allow the use of the Fully Customized Transmission in Sport Mode with locked ratios (by default).

I wonder how Thrustmaster feels about this? They are one of the main sponsors at live events and PD just made one of their products basically useless in GT.

Actually, that gives me an idea.

If any of you feel like it, try contacting Thrustmaster about this issue (if you own the TH8A, of course). Not to rant at them or anything but just say that you are dissatisfied by how your shifter does not have much use anymore due to these changes. They could give feedback to PD this way.

Back