Thank You for Go Karts

• Thread starter slotcarrod
  • 20 comments
Canada
Calgary
slotcarrod
Thank you PD for Karts! Having never driven a real go Kart, I now understand why so many thousands of "beginner" racers flock to them to "learn" racing skills. I can see why such driving frustration will encourage young drivers to continue in the real sport. I can only dream of spinning my "real" kart on every corner of every track, some day. Such fun to look forward to in real life! I know I'm playing a game, but this is "The Real Driving Simulator" right?

The difficulty of this "kart" sport makes me wonder why it is not on the forefront of televised motorsports?

Quite possibly the most sarcastic OP to ever hit GTP, but it's very easily beaten with a DS3. The trick is patience.

Bunch of whiners, karts are easy to drive, but you can't be an idiot and just mash the gas or brake while turning and don't jump curbing with them. Brake in a straight line and be smooth with your inputs, I have no problem driving them with a controller or wheel.

Driving karts in real life is more fun though.

...and what are those titles, may I ask? Please do enlighten us.

The difficulty of this "kart" sport makes me wonder why it is not on the forefront of televised motorsports?
It will soon be. Seeing that it is much more television friendly then F1 in so many ways.
I love this concept, and one i've been working on for a while. In fact i just began writing a proposal on it today.

Are you really struggling with the wheel? If you are, I don't know what to suggest apart from drive like you do in real life.

-NO- thank you PD!! lol I hate em!!! :mad::mad::yuck: I wish I still had my logitech wheel because I bet they're fun using that controller input but the 125 shifter + my DS3 controller = no fun. I eventually got the hang of it but the amount of care I have to lavish on the kart to keep it from spinning out doesn't make for a fun, relaxing time! :lol:

I can only imagine, I must have no talent with a wheel.

I only have two national titles in motor sports!

Good for you, I have no problem in game with a broken DFGT. I've only driven a kart extremely badly, one time, when I was 9. That was 14 years ago and I haven't driven a motor vehicle since.

Quite possibly the most sarcastic OP to ever hit GTP, but it's very easily beaten with a DS3. The trick is patience.

Ha ha! :) I count five uses in the OP of the double fingers "rabbit ears" air quotes to get that sarcasm across!

I've driven go karts but only low powered ones that are impossible to spin.

In GT5 and 6 they are much more powerful, but the trick is just to be careful with the throttle in turns. And dont brake hard while turning either.

I really enjoy the karts. I've got a DFGT and sure they were a bit frustrating at first, but it's like anything else in the game - you've got to get a feel for them and after that spinning isn't an issue anymore.

Back