Thank you kaz got YOLD

  • Thread starter Thread starter SMOKY427
  • 15 comments
  • 1,378 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
75
Messages
uitrasonic
the PSN still down I should play offline again, and yesterday I was playing 24 hours Nurburgring, as you know no one can do 24 hours race with him self. I went to bed. In the morning I saw my PS3 flashing red light. turn it on back got YLOD! I'm really pissed off PD no race save yet no update. wait next year maybe? :mad:
 
You should be blaming your bob
 
the PSN still down I should play offline again, and yesterday I was playing 24 hours Nurburgring, as you know no one can do 24 hours race with him self. I went to bed. In the morning I saw my PS3 flashing red light. turn it on back got YLOD! I'm really pissed off PD no race save yet no update. wait next year maybe? :mad:

Running a 500gb harddrive off RAm and a Processor that was originally intended for 40-80GB or 160-320GB can't be a good thing? Surely that puts extra strain on everything trying to load all that data from the harddrive everytime you turn it on etc... I'm no hardware expect i'm more asking the question of surely that can't be good for it?

Either way take your tantrum somewhere else, Kazunori Yamauchi-San a man who didn't invent the PS3 all he did was make a game has nothing to do with the console that's sitting in your room. QQ!
 
Smart, blame a man over 10,000 miles away from you who doesn't even know you. When really, everything gets old and breaks down.
 
Smart, blame a man over 10,000 miles away from you who doesn't even know you. When really, everything gets old and breaks down.

But, but but i i can blame a man on the other side of the world. It's much easier and makes me feel good about myself.
 
Wow...another pointless thread about someone blaming PD for their stupidity...This is always entertaining to read. 👍
 
Take better care of your PS3, is all I can say. I had a 60GB that got YLOD, but I didn't go around blaming Rockstar because "GTA4 killed my PS3!"

Lifespan really does depend on the care it's given.
 
Wow...another pointless thread about someone blaming PD for their stupidity...This is always entertaining to read. 👍

Oh yaaa, as soon as i seen this i was like thinking jeepers this guy is in for a roasting.
 
HDD size doesn't put any stress on the system at all.

It may cause some slow-down if its huge and full. Due to so much content needing to be recognised.

Maybe cause a slow boot up ?

But when it's good and going it will run at full speed. With no added stress.


The small RAM will be causing huge stress on the CPU and GPU I imagine.
 
Oh yaaa, as soon as i seen this i was like thinking jeepers this guy is in for a roasting.


Hmm, maybe it's because he made a stupid thread. :dunce:
 
HDD size doesn't put any stress on the system at all.

It may cause some slow-down if its huge and full. Due to so much content needing to be recognised.
Maybe cause a slow boot up ?

.

I'm pretty sure if it slow-downs or slow to boot up that would imply it's doing extra work than it was originally intended for, hence putting more stress that usual on the components...

Causing a slow-down and stress go hand in hand don't they ? Please forgive me if i'm wrong i'm no expert, but curious to learn these things.
 
No no you're right, I completely contredicted myself xD

It will be the RAM size that hurts it though, and the hot GPU temps it seems to have.

YLOD (I think) is very often caused by new "Lead-Free" soulder being used.

Due to recent regs about enviroment stuff.

This newer, weaker soulder seems to be, well, weaker, and after around 3 years seems to dry out and crack. (YLOD) Usually around the GPU.

I had YLOD and fixed it about 30 times myself, it just kept breaking after a day or 2 lol, I could play SD resolutions without a failure though.

To fix you melt down the soulder so it melts back together removing the crack... This does infact dry it out even more, meaning it will be more likly to break again, if you fail on your 1st go, it probably is to late to get a good long-term fix without "Re-Fluxing". Yes, I did massive research when I had a YLOD on my hands.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2376
^^ That guy knows it all lol.

Soulder is a metal that connects the various chips to the main PS3 motherboard, just incase anyone didn't know.

*Forgive my spelling, I can't live without spell checker, and right now, I don't have it xD *
 
Last edited:
You should be blaming your bob

its A-spec :guilty:

Running a 500gb harddrive off RAm and a Processor that was originally intended for 40-80GB or 160-320GB can't be a good thing? Surely that puts extra strain on everything trying to load all that data from the harddrive everytime you turn it on etc... I'm no hardware expect i'm more asking the question of surely that can't be good for it?

Either way take your tantrum somewhere else, Kazunori Yamauchi-San a man who didn't invent the PS3 all he did was make a game has nothing to do with the console that's sitting in your room. QQ!

my old harddrive was 80gb speed is less than the 500gb, my mate also have 60gb changed to 500gb still work well. I think this does not differentiate.

In fact, I got problems from the first A-spec Le Mans 24-hour race I have heard things in the PS3 when I finished the race. than I thought there's nothing happen. anyway no more 24 hour races for me until PD release save race update.
 
THIS ISN'T A BAD THREAD AT ALL. THE THREAD IS ABOUT HIM BEING MAD AT kaz FOR NOT IMPLEMENTING THE IN RACE SAVE OPTION WHEN kaz ACTUALLY SAID HIMSELF IT'LL BE IN UPDATE 1.09 WHEN IN FACT IT WAS NOT!
 
It was no one's fault. I'm sure other people's PS3s didn't get YLOD'ed during/after those 24hr races. Your occurrence with receiving a YLOD was just faulty hardware issues, which can originate from anything. Besides, a simple repair can be done.
 
You're not the first person to YLOD, and probably not the last person ever who will get a YLOD.

And, not surprisingly, you're far from the first person to create a thread specifically about getting a YLOD in GT5.

Locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back