Thank You Slightly Mad Studios!PC 

• Thread starter F1Racer68
  • 21 comments
Canada
In front of you.
F1_Racer68
@IanBell @The_American.

I posted this on your official forum already as well, but I wanted to ensure you saw this. I know how much time you have been spending here lately.

First, let me say Congratulations on achieving the launch, to hopefully great success!

On behalf of the entire membership of CanAm Virtual Racing League, who I am honoured to represent, I would like to say thank you to:

• Slightly Mad Studios
  • all WMD2 members
  • All Handling consultants
  • All technical partners
  • and ALL of the amazing manufacturers

You have all come together and created something extremely special here.

I know it is still the first day, and yes, there have been a few growing pains, but MY GOD!!! The feeling of those cars on those tracks!! The loss of traction when aquaplaning. The feeling of the compression as I power my Ford GT GTE around the high banks of Daytona. The feel of the buffeting as I get passed by a LMP and his wake washes over me.....

I am truly almost at a loss for words......

I tip my hat to all of you, and offer you all a virtual beer ( :cheers: ). You are all my heroes tonight.

Thank you for giving us something that not only rivals iRacing, but for the first time in history truly challenges them as "THE" online racing sim. They are now the ones playing catch up.

The game is truly incredible, and you all deserve a serious amount of pats on the back.

WELL DONE TO YOU ALL!!!

tenor.gif

Thank you for staying in touch with us here.

I recall Kazunori Yamauchi trying to be social with the community...awkward and inconsistent as hell. It may have been a brief Q&A we tried to conduct with him...

You guys have been here for months. Incredible.
If by inconsistent you mean taking the piss and completely ignoring answering any questions in the section he suggested opening, then yes inconsistent he was.

I also love this game!! So...I thought this thread was a good place to also say well done to all the team.:bowdown::cheers:

The game is huge! Now with all the permutations of dynamic weather, any car on any track, it is mind blowing to achieve the 60FPS on PS4 Pro.

After finding my settings I like on the Controller and wheel the last few days it is now perfect and better than other racers. I can now feel the much improved physics even through the controller, take a car full speed round the tight Knockhill track and you soon feel the chassis improvements. The engine sounds and all the improved UI.

Icing on the cake is the improved photo mode. I think I will spend many months on this and look forward to the season pass dlc coming.

I will leave this here: 👍:gtpflag:

I'd also like to echo the sentiments expressed in this thread. This sim is fantastic, yeah there are a few niggling issues but nothing major (on PC).

When I first started the game I spent about 5 - 10 mins setting up my FOV, wheel calibration etc. & took my fav car to Watkins Glen in time trial to fine tune the FF. I had it set on Raw for my CSW V2 and all I had to adjust was the gain to avoid clipping and volume to get the wheel weight to my tastes. Next I took the BAC Mono to Brands and I was in driving Nirvana. My laptimes are about 5 seconds or so slower than the previous title & I've had to reduce the AI difficulty which was a bit of a blow to the ego, but I welcome the new challenge. Time to get gud I guess.

I'm not one for brown nosing, but credit where credit is due and what Ian Bell, SMS & the WMD community have produced is sublime.
Thanks a million, no buyer's remorse here, glad I'd preordered the Delux edition.

P.S. You know this game is special when the feedback on Race Department is far far more positive than negative. :cheers:

Cannot agree more with all of the above. Really love this racesim. Spent about 25 hours in career mode and time trials. So much fun and still so much content to discover and try out on track. Also thanks to other enthusiasts played around with the gorgeous photomode. A couple of pics are circling around as wallpapers on several pc's, laptops and smartphones. Even on my wifes Samsung tablet which is something different then a cutie cutie dog puppy.

Enough talking/writing. I have to complete the Ginetta Junior full season at BrandsHatch GP to unlock the next league. 👍

EDIT: Just got my first gold trophy for winning the Ginetta Cup :)

Last edited:
It's been said before in these forums but I believe a serious thank you and appreciation needs to be paid to SMS, Ian and the American. Not only have they been gracious enough to take the time to be here taking a questions but they have also crafted a wonderful game.

I think it's important to really take a moment to acknowledge their hard work and willingness to be hear with the fans throughout this process.

Pull this thread down if you will. I just thought they deserved a place to come get their knob polished.

Thank You. The game kicks ass!

Back